Historic GT mod questions

Found the old GSC Historic GT mod (1.97) in my download folder and thought why not :) I did grab the Naming Update mod for AMS as well (big thank you @Avo77!). Put it all together and everything seems to be working nice except for a couple of annoying minor details.

When i launch AMS it starts up just fine, except it wont go straight into "game display" so to speak, but shows a command prompt window on the desktop with the text Startup(). I can then swith to the game from the taskbar and all is good to go.

When exiting the game it'll shut down, but leaves a Windows message box on the desktop saying "Automobilista has stopped working bla bla bla..."

The only thing i didn't copy over from the mod was some random ambient sound files that already exists with the same names in the original game folders. This probably has nothing to do with anything, but thought to mention that anyway.

So nothing major really. Everything else looks good and the cars i've tested so far works OK (plus they're great fun to drive :D) and to be honest - looks far better than i expected. It'd just be nice to iron out those minor flaws. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

The "DOS box" is likely to from customized Realfeel.ini (look in options at the very top re: console).

Realfeel has been updated so many times by Reiza, you have three choices:

1) Carefully restore the original Realfeel.ini (from your backup or just delete and do a Steam file integrity check to restore it). Then carefully copy and paste the mod entries at the end of the original file.

2) Ignore the mod Realfeel entries and just make your own as you load each car/class. This assumes you have an original Realfeel from Reiza/Steam. Remember to back it up because all the non-stock entries will get wiped each time there is an update or file integrity check. Each car will start with the default 2500 and then you can adjust from there to your liking. You'll need to now how to adjust direction as well as strength, because the mod cars are a random selection of positive and negative force values.

3) Try my personalized version of #2 above that includes every mod car. Depending on your wheel hardware, it may work perfectly or just need a few tweaks here or there. The Reiza vehicles are mostly untouched, but have tweaked a couple of them to avoid clipping issues. This file will work with Beta or Release. Let me know how it works for you if you choose to use it.

Attachments

• RealFeelPlugin.ini
    36.4 KB · Views: 298
Wow, spot on. Thank you sir! I actually had enabled the RealFeel console from the ini-file (and happily forgot all about it :)). From what i had read i expected i'd have to reverse the FF at least for some of the cars. So far there's been no need for that, so i simply disabled the RealFeel console for now.

I didn't even try the RealFeel.ini that was included in the Historic mod. I just copied over the entries included in the Naming Update package. Those settings seems to work nicely, but i've downloaded the settings you provided and will for sure try them out.

I suppose the settings will vary depending on the wheel you use (not to mention personal preferences of course)? If it's relevant i use a CSW V2 wheelbase.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back