Historic Formula One Cars Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 5.jpg

The beautiful Brabham BT44B and March 761 have been released for rFactor 2...

Studio 397 have deployed two new and free historic Formula One cars to rFactor 2 recently, having completed work on the stunning Brabham BT44b of 1975 fame to join the 1976 March 716, two very active and famous cars from previous eras of Formula One racing.

Both cars have been made available to the simulation at no additional charge to owners of the title, and can be downloaded from the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page.

March 761
A fragile but rocket-like fast F1 car, designed and manufactured by UK based March Engineering. With a background of designing F2 cars and the experience of many different racing series, March Engineering brought this car into F1 in 1976. An interesting fact is that these cars used a sponsorship that changed from race to race, resulting in many wildly different liveries being used throughout the season.

Brabham BT44b
The car used by Brabham in 1975 wasn´t anything extraordinary from just looking at the individual parts. Marrying a Cosworth DFV engine to a Hewland FG gearbox was considered standard practice that time, so the BT44b didn´t stand out. But the team worked hard not only on improving the reliability of this combination, but also on the performance in certain areas, as well as making sure the BT44b features a very low centre of gravity. With all these coming together, Brabham managed to have their most successful season since 1969, finishing 2nd in the constructors championship.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 1.jpg
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 2.jpg
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 3.jpg
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 4.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of these two new historic Grand Prix cars in rF2? Would you like to see more of this kind of content in the future? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
...Oh man, thanks for this ! I feel less alone :)
@++
Actually, I have to correct myself - I think I meant classic Hockenheim when I said Nurburgring... but my dislike of the Nordschliefe still stands. Don't get me wrong - it's a hell of a course and hats off to those that have mastered it, but I just don't enjoy it. Narrow, murderous kerbs, I just can't get into a rhythm on it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%