Historic Formula One Cars Released for rFactor 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 5.jpg

The beautiful Brabham BT44B and March 761 have been released for rFactor 2...

Studio 397 have deployed two new and free historic Formula One cars to rFactor 2 recently, having completed work on the stunning Brabham BT44b of 1975 fame to join the 1976 March 716, two very active and famous cars from previous eras of Formula One racing.

Both cars have been made available to the simulation at no additional charge to owners of the title, and can be downloaded from the rFactor 2 Steam Workshop page.

March 761
A fragile but rocket-like fast F1 car, designed and manufactured by UK based March Engineering. With a background of designing F2 cars and the experience of many different racing series, March Engineering brought this car into F1 in 1976. An interesting fact is that these cars used a sponsorship that changed from race to race, resulting in many wildly different liveries being used throughout the season.

Brabham BT44b
The car used by Brabham in 1975 wasn´t anything extraordinary from just looking at the individual parts. Marrying a Cosworth DFV engine to a Hewland FG gearbox was considered standard practice that time, so the BT44b didn´t stand out. But the team worked hard not only on improving the reliability of this combination, but also on the performance in certain areas, as well as making sure the BT44b features a very low centre of gravity. With all these coming together, Brabham managed to have their most successful season since 1969, finishing 2nd in the constructors championship.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 1.jpg
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 2.jpg
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 3.jpg
rF2 Brabham BT44B and March 761 Released 4.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of these two new historic Grand Prix cars in rF2? Would you like to see more of this kind of content in the future? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Ton of fun to drive and a nice free addition.

My only complaint is the quality of the modeling. The March has the drivers legs modeled going right through the fire extinguisher. Come on....these guys can do better than that.

They bring later a update for sure.

But we need some Tracks from this Area...Than you can race a whole offline season. Real Green Hell Nurburgring how it was in that days in 1976 there are a lot of fantastic track from this area... pointless to drive this cars on Tilke tracks

• Deleted member 205301

Nice one...really.
The car are, surprisingly, very easy to drive, it's a blast :)
Maybe now some are dreamin' about a total "classical" update, or about "good tracks" to drive with (tracks are the point in wich RF2 is below others titles)... We certainly have to wait for the Reiza pack....
I'm happy with these 2 cars :)
@++

Did a handful of laps last night in the Brabham, fun stuff. I say this probably every time I post about RF2, but I just love driving the car in this sim. I love the modern stuff like the GTE and GT3's, but there's something really fun about old, raw, just drive it and manage the beast yourself old stuff like this. We could use more skins to put a field of more than like 6 cars together. But I'm not complaining one bit, thank you for another quality add to RF2 Studio 397!

And tracks... yes we do need new track content. Watkins Glen comes to mind - that would be sort of a neat one with an older classic history, as well as relevant to modern day. Someone mentioned "Tilke tracks", I hate them. Infuriating - assuming I'm on the same page with that (I think?). Decreasing radius, off camber corners... #@!%$ that! You can't attack that. One centimeter mistake snap oversteer knife edge corners ruin race tracks and kill competition. Give me classic natural terrain following courses, like Mosport, Imola, Road America, classic Nurburgring (not Nordschleife... I know it's blasphemy to many but I HATE the Nordschleife!). This is isn't even commentary for S397 but for the real world. Who came up with the flow for COTA (I think it was Tilke?), it's awful! Then I run laps around a mod of CTMP (Mosport)... pure joy!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 185 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years