rF2 Historic F3 @ Ibarra - Thu 14 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Oh, this suddenly reminded me of something you asked about months ago.

Not F3, but for the Brabham BT20! You asked me if I could put them all in a 7zip... I said yes, and just forgot about it.
P3fLdas.jpg

But here it is: https://mega.nz/file/6ZUiTBgS#NIxqUILRhJiTb91Hw_dCvlfGtto4Q0dTa-LdC8yVoVM

When we return to the BT20, I'll return to my work and add more cars :)
We raced the Spark & Eve F2s around Hockenheim '66 with F3 Fanatics on Saturday. I was a bit down on the track to begin with but it kinda grew on me. I think that will be the venue for the next BT20 event. ;)

Hello Jack and welcome to the club. .... Look forward to hopefully seeing you on Thursday. :thumbsup:

Hello Denis!

I would really like to thank you and everyone for welcoming me so warmly and openly to the club. I really appreciate it.

I have added my full name up and I understand completely about not discussing lap times.

I am practicing on the Ibarra track to learn it. I have read through the rules too.

From what you said I think we are racing open setups - and as such I can sort one out for myself (even the default one for the moment). If otherwise, if someone could give me a setup, I would appreciate that!

I didn't realise we could practice on the server itself! I'll try and connect up and check that out.

My plan is to practice today and tomorrow, to see if I can get myself familiar with the best gears and lines through those wonderful corners at Ibarra, and then ask you for an entry to the race here, assuming there is an open slot left.

Thank you so much for explaining things so clearly - it is my first race online ever so it really helps.

My very best to you!

Indeed, see you on track :)

Hello Denis!

I would really like to thank you and everyone for welcoming me so warmly and openly to the club. I really appreciate it.

I have added my full name up and I understand completely about not discussing lap times.

I am practicing on the Ibarra track to learn it. I have read through the rules too.

From what you said I think we are racing open setups - and as such I can sort one out for myself (even the default one for the moment). If otherwise, if someone could give me a setup, I would appreciate that!

I didn't realise we could practice on the server itself! I'll try and connect up and check that out.

My plan is to practice today and tomorrow, to see if I can get myself familiar with the best gears and lines through those wonderful corners at Ibarra, and then ask you for an entry to the race here, assuming there is an open slot left.

Thank you so much for explaining things so clearly - it is my first race online ever so it really helps.

My very best to you!

Indeed, see you on track :)
Well done and thanks on sorting the real name out. :thumbsup:

We all do our best to be friendly and helpful. More racers means more fun for everybody, so we're always keen to welcome people in.

Your point on reading and understanding the rules is a good one. We have to have a few rules to keep the racing fun and fair, but the emphasis is most definitely on FUN! :D
I hope that the other guys that have not recently been racing with us can take your lead on this, it is a necessary evil. If anybody has any questions about the rules, please feel free to ask - in this thread or via PM if you prefer. :thumbsup:

Setups are completely up to the individual - you can do as you choose. It's a great idea to practice on the server, as this will ensure that you don't have technical difficulties in that regard - best to do this well in advance. You may also find other drivers practicing and they will usually be happy to help with lines/brake points/setups etc. You can always spectate their lap for some pointers.

I really hope you decide to sign up. You have to start somewhere and there really is no better place to learn. Almost without exception, everybody I've seen give it a fair go, has gone on to improve in leaps and bounds. You'll be fine buddy, this is the place to start you online sim racing career. ;)

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F3
Cars: 1960's F3 Cars
Sorry to be asking the obvious, but as these 1960's cars are new to me I might have missed something?

I am subscribed in Steam to both Historic Challenge_EVE_1968 v2.04 and Historic Challenge_spark_1968 v2.05 and they both show up in the old UI's cardboard box menu as installed.
However in-game I can only choose a 1966 F3 car or a 1968 F1 car. I cannot find the 1968 F3 cars. Any pointers very welcome..:unsure:

Sorry to be asking the obvious, but as these 1960's cars are new to me I might have missed something?

I am subscribed in Steam to both Historic Challenge_EVE_1968 v2.04 and Historic Challenge_spark_1968 v2.05 and they both show up in the old UI's cardboard box menu as installed.
However in-game I can only choose a 1966 F3 car or a 1968 F1 car. I cannot find the 1968 F3 cars. Any pointers very welcome..:unsure:
Try joining the server Roland.

Well done and thanks on sorting the real name out. :thumbsup:

We all do our best to be friendly and helpful. More racers means more fun for everybody, so we're always keen to welcome people in. ... You'll be fine buddy, this is the place to start you online sim racing career. ;)

Hello again Denis,

Thanks for the welcome and helpful advice! I think I'm ready. Please sign me up!

Just some FAQ when you can spare a mo:

1) the races are 13 lap heats - am I right ?
2) my damage is set to "off" - is that allowed (I have no idea how to get repaired in the pits) ?
3) Do we sign in 1 hour before the first practice on Thursday or can we be like 15 mins before the pits open ?

I did a few laps practice on the server today - it went fine, really great. I have the Crew Chief and a Discord channel now. I'll keep practicing with all this until Thursday!

Hello again Denis,

Thanks for the welcome and helpful advice! I think I'm ready. Please sign me up!

Just some FAQ when you can spare a mo:

1) the races are 13 lap heats - am I right ?
2) my damage is set to "off" - is that allowed (I have no idea how to get repaired in the pits) ?
3) Do we sign in 1 hour before the first practice on Thursday or can we be like 15 mins before the pits open ?

I did a few laps practice on the server today - it went fine, really great. I have the Crew Chief and a Discord channel now. I'll keep practicing with all this until Thursday!
Great stuff, I'll add you to the sign up list. :)

1) Races are 25 minutes. You then finish the lap you are on. There is a short pause after race 1 (~1 minute), then we begin race 2 with starting positions the same as our finishing positions from race 1.
2) Damage is set to around 25% in server settings. This will override your setting for damage. Just drive into the pits, observe the speed limit and stop in the red box. Your pit crew will do the rest.
3) Just join the server in time to do some warm up laps before quali. You can join at any time. There will be people on the server frrom around 1 hour before official practice begins. If you want to meet the guys or ask questions, it's best to join the server a little before official practice begins.

There were a couple people on the server last night and maybe some will join this evening. I hope we can meet up for a chat some time soon. :)

Last edited:
Hi Yves .... just got internet back yesterday and still having some issues. I will get back to you as soon as I can as to what car I used before ... can't reminder... unless @Denis Betty remembers which car I used but I believe it was the Eve. It's 2:33 am here ... got to get to bed. :thumbsup:

It seems I used the Spark because I have setups for it from several drivers but no Eve setups.
Also to note my internet is still dropping off and coming back. :cry: Tech guy coming here Thursday again so my situation is fluid.....
@Denis Betty which car are you taking, the Spark or the Eve ? Same for @Jack Smith ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years