rF2 Historic F3 @ Ibarra - Thu 14 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Hi Denis,

I am a new subscriber. I would like to take part but I am not sure about how competent I am. I decided to practice against the AI over the next couple of days and see. I am also studying the etiquette links you posted.

Is there a fixed setup ? I wanted to use the S367 EVE 66 (red one). What laptimes are typical for the field on the dry Ibarra circuit?

Cheers!

I am a new subscriber. I would like to take part but I am not sure about how competent I am. I decided to practice against the AI over the next couple of days and see. I am also studying the etiquette links you posted.

Competent as in speed? Nothing is too slow or too fast for club races. All we want is that people drive sensibly when it comes to not doing off-road racing etc. :) Most people have a good time regardless of speed, Discord can be quite social.

Btw: In your RD profile could you please fill out the field with your real name. You click on your name in the top right and go to account settings,then fill out the real name field as shown below.
chrome_2021-01-04_10-42-36-jpg.433062

Sign me up please Denis!!!

Hi Denis,

Is there a fixed setup ? I wanted to use the S367 EVE 66 (red one). What laptimes are typical for the field on the dry Ibarra circuit?

Cheers!

Don't worry!! The only thing to get into club racing is to do club racing... Practice against AI is not the same... Only "real" driving helps.
We don't care about and share laptimes over here generally.
Just make sure you know the track a bit, don't worry, join us and have fun!!!

Hi Denis,

Cheers!
Hello Jack and welcome to the club. You've made a great start by coming to a really friendly club and asking the right questions. When people are concerned about others, I know they're gonna fit in.
Don't be too concerned about etiquette for now, let's just get you racing. You will need to read and understand RD's Racing Club Rules though. Any questions, just ask. You can always PM me if you prefer.

There is a range of abilities at the club, so you should find somebody to race against. We don't discuss lap times on the forum though I'm afraid. Once you have your real name displayed (this only shows for other Premium members and does not show in an internet search) you can practice on the server. If you'd like a setup, post here and maybe somebody can meet you on the server, or post a setup in this thread.

If you decide to come and race with us, we will help and encourage you. If you are a little off the pace, stick with it. Online racing is something you may need to practice. Everybody improves over time, Don't give up and you'll see the benefits.

Look forward to hopefully seeing you on Thursday. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%