RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was almost a "perfect" race1, 'till the last corner of last lap... @Steve Le Gallez managed to take the bread out of my mouth right at the finish line...:( NOOOOO...:cry::cry::cry:
In R2 after an incident on T4 in first lap, I had a very good and intense fight w/ @CarlosB :thumbsup: that kept me focused and thrilled.
You got love this cars and the way Sector3 implemented them :)
Cheers guys, now back to those RWD pests...:p
RRRE64_2019-01-30_15-27-32.jpg

Photo-finish:cool:

Well, it was almost a "perfect" race1, 'till the last corner of last lap... @Steve Le Gallez managed to take the bread out of my mouth right at the finish line...:( NOOOOO...:cry::cry::cry:
In R2 after an incident on T4 in first lap, I had a very good and intense fight w/ @CarlosB :thumbsup: that kept me focused and thrilled.
You got love this cars and the way Sector3 implemented them :)
Cheers guys, now back to those RWD pests...:pView attachment 288634
Photo-finish:cool:
I must admit I'm not a big fan of these cars but Tuesday's are a bit difficult for me to race anyway. But after watching Dave stream in which I managed to catch the second race. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat for virtually the whole race. With plenty of action throughout the grid.
I've got a thing of a way of freeing up Tuesdays.

PS I just looked at the leaderboard to see how the times were with different drivers and I actually did some practice on the leaderboard. Forgot I did it. And for cars I don't like very much I did quite well. So I guess I like them more than I realised. So I guess I like them now.

Attachments

• AUDI RS 3 LMS SEPANG GP LB 3.svm
    6.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Well I can see your problem right there, cable management. :roflmao: I mean to say its so bad I'm embarrassed to mention it.:whistling::D.
But seriously I hope you get it all sorted soon.:thumbsup:
You're so right, can't even find half of them, fancy I'll find 'em in the back yard with teeth marks in (like everything else round 'ere).
Starting to panic about Saturdays league race, have had a day of nightmares followed by a night of daydreams, followed by a day of burning out 10 x 10mm drill bits, 1 x drill and being the total knob I am have managed to get my hair caught in the drill and had to wear the bloody thing like a hat til a mate got round to cut me out! :rolleyes: Keystone cops would make a better job of it!
I'm sure it will be worth it in the end but boy do I wish I shut up with the good ideas now and again.
Not sure if I'm gonna make it tomorrow night :(, missing out on an update :( and turned my entire flat into a shithole, nothing new there then!
Hope to see you guys at Sepang, if not have fun, will be there Sunday for a change, have the night off! ;)

Just been messing around with the Porsche. And I'm not liking it as much as the other two. Bad understeer and is terrible going into corners hard. It just doesn't like going into second gear you either get a bleep or the back wheels lock up causing you to spin. But my brain is telling me it should be able to go into the corner without these problems.It does when you're take it easy and be careful. Yeah I know I should be doing that anyway but I don't think as much as you have to.
Made a few adjustments and I know it's faster from my first set up I just can't seem to get a clean lap in. But it does have 2 or 3 maybe 4 tenths in it. In better hands and mine.
Not sure if I'm going to use this car or not. I do think is the fastest of the three at this track but I don't like the way it drives.
I will post my first and second setup.

Attachments

• PORSCHE CAYMAN GT4 CS SEPANG GP LB .svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 165
  • PORSCHE CAYMAN GT4 CS SEPANG GP LB 2.svm
    6.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Deleted member 387850

Just been messing around with the Porsche. And I'm not liking it as much as the other two. Bad understeer and is terrible going into corners hard. It just doesn't like going into second gear you either get a bleep or the back wheels lock up causing you to spin.

I've been driving the Porsche in a league and it seems the latest update has definitely changed the handling characteristics. They seem to have fixed the issue were changing from 2 > 3 was causing the rear wheels to loose traction, but they also seem to have changed the downshift pprotection. Feels like you can now shift from 3 > 2 earlier which causes the rears to lock, so you have to shift down much later than it feels like you should.

I've been driving the Porsche in a league and it seems the latest update has definitely changed the handling characteristics. They seem to have fixed the issue were changing from 2 > 3 was causing the rear wheels to loose traction, but they also seem to have changed the downshift pprotection. Feels like you can now shift from 3 > 2 earlier which causes the rears to lock, so you have to shift down much later than it feels like you should.
That's funny you should say that I was thinking about the exactly the same thing when I was writing my earlier post.
And I think you're right I think they have made some changes and it's probably not just the Porsche it's probably the KTM and Lotus as well. Oh double dear. So if that's the case which I do believe it is I hope they reset the leaderboard because to be quite honest I don't think those times are going to be achieved any longer. Then again it might be ok.

Just read the the update details or lack of and it quotes about the GT4 as follows.

GTR4 class : Made AI quicker, reduced Downshift Prevention intervention, tweaked gearshifts, automatic gearbox behavior improvement. Tweaks to default setup of the Lotus, increased KTM drag a bit.

Last edited:
Regarding the OP, I have no intention of entering into any further discussion when people (or a person) are going to take every word I say as some kind of personal attack. I know it's damn cold right now, but we have enough snowflakes already. :)

WTCR 2018.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Tues
Cars: WTCR 2018
Track: Red Bull Ring - GP

Tuesday 05/02/19
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:15 UTC (20 minutes) (Reverse grid to 5 places)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. BBKing212
  3. KKJUN
  4. FeltHat
  5. Piotr Dul
  6. Thegodfather6571
  7. Mike Wyatt
  8. Steve Le Gallez
  9. budlix
  10. hollowdene
  11. kamackeris
  12. dmatika
  13. Jopamir
  14. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  15. Øyvind Andersen
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#17

Last edited by a moderator:
DTM.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Thur
Cars: DTM 2015 / 2016

Thursday 07/02/19
Practice:

Race 1: 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:15 UTC (20 minutes)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Steve Le Gallez (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Calvyn White
  3. FeltHat
  4. paulbee058
  5. Yetch
  6. Thegodfather6571
  7. MoerasGrizzly
  8. Kenny Paton
  9. KKJUN
  10. Magnus Stjerneby
  11. Piotr Dul
  12. Santosjoao
  13. dmatika
  14. Jopamir
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#47

Last edited by a moderator:
FR X-17.jpg

Join us

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Sun
Cars: FR X-17

Sunday 10/02/19
Practice:

Race 1: 20:50 UTC (40 minutes) (Mandatory pit stop)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Steve Le Gallez (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Mike McGeer
  3. DucMan888
  4. FeltHat
  5. BBKing212
  6. PurgerUK
  7. Calvyn White
  8. balage06
  9. Martin Fiala
  10. kamackeris
  11. CarlosB
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#27

Last edited:
In a earlier post I mentioned I thought the Porsche was the fastest of the three. I no longer believe this to be the case. As the tweak they have made, which I regard as mere alteration. As the word tweak suggest improvement which I don't believe it is. I'm talking about getting down to 2nd gear which I believe in my hands is out of sync. If that makes any sense. Like @suspectmonkey stated in about going from 2nd to 3rd gear was a problem and I must admit I was not aware of it but it is a bit easier that I have noticed. But as for going from 3rd to 2nd is now extremely noticeable. And not in a good way.IMO.

I managed to squeeze a little more out of it with my second set up previously posted. But nowhere near as much as I expected. And I feel in my hands the downshift which I will call an issue as I find it very random and inconsistent. I'm sure in the right hands it will be fine. For me when my mind and my logic is telling me something different I see no point fighting with the car.

I have managed to get the KTM faster then I can get the Porsche despite the adding of drag whatever that means and why.

Well the game is down for maintenance.
So maybe they believe there may be an issue with the gearbox for the Porsche. And other issues.
With a bit of luck a hotfix.:D:):thumbsup:. Well I hope so or I'm going to look more of an idiot than usual.:(:D

Last edited:
Thats not possible bud..:roflmao:
Still I like the KTM it's a easier drive, lacks abit on the straights especially against the Porsche, the Lotus I just don't like, but if there was a league it would be good, each car seems to have benefits on different tracks, abit like when we use to drive the WTCC cars (whatever happened to them) still we have a shite load of tracks lets hope we get to try all of them.:cool:

As I type the game is down for maintenance. If it's possible or not I am hoping that there is a fix for the Porsche which I don't think is quite right. A hot fix on the gearbox exuding the corner but the alteration for the downshift entering a corner not so much.
And as for my comment on the drag I know what it means I just don't understand why they would add some. As like you said the Porsche has the top end. So I am bit confused why they would want to slow down the KTM even more when it's already slow on the straights. And it's certainly has the looks of a car that would have less drag than the Porsche. If the slipstream capabilities where are over the top or not I cannot say as I have not had enough experience with the cars to make a judgement. And I do the agree that each car has its merits for certain tracks. Which in itself has a problem as most will pick the car most suited. I can only imagine it is extremely difficult to get an even balance where one car is faster on the straights but another is faster in the corners etc. But upon looking at the leaderboard I find the Porsche before the update dominant on most tracks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline