RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, gonna say tonight is a no show from me, let's just say some pictures can portray the story in it's entirety.

289028-1387f80b2ce118ce6ff404c8f97d9c99.jpg

Have fun guys, will try make it for Thursday but it looks like a bit of welding may be required before reassembly, I sometimes wonder why I get these bright ideas. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC_0070.JPG
    DSC_0070.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 103
It doesn't look like I'll be home before the race session starts. :( If I can jump on during qualy I will, but I doubt it. If I can get on the server during the warm-up (as a spectator should work) I'll try streaming the race instead.

Hmmmm, gonna say tonight is a no show from me, let's just say some pictures can portray the story in it's entirety.

289028-1387f80b2ce118ce6ff404c8f97d9c99.jpg

Have fun guys, will try make it for Thursday but it looks like a bit of welding may be required before reassembly, I sometimes wonder why I get these bright ideas. :rolleyes:
Well I can see your problem right there, cable management. :roflmao: I mean to say its so bad I'm embarrassed to mention it.:whistling::D.
But seriously I hope you get it all sorted soon.:thumbsup:

just thinking out loud here.
I was wondering as people do stream the events "maybe" if the streamer knows he's going to stream the event it could be posted in the OP. Nothing is certain but it could be added at any time before the event. Obviously sooner the better for better promoting purposes. Which feel may help promote the event after all who doesn't like being on TV. :rolleyes::D I for one certainly enjoy sitting here watching the event in multiple perspectives. I could certainly watch a three-way. :whistling: And I certainly got a few more monitors I like a hook-up. Just saying.:)

Well, I was more surprised than you guys when I got pole position for this one and frankly, I wasn't real thrilled by the prospect. The few times I've been on pole in the past I've ended up botching the first turn or something real stupid and I didn't relish doing that again. Turned out I actually held on to P1 for almost a third of the race so this was better than most. Got sloppy later in the race when @PurgerUK tried an inside move on me in the last turn and I didn't see him until too late, cutting him off and forcing him onto the infield. Sorry, Steve. I pulled over and let you take the position because I felt you would have had me in that turn if I hadn't cut you off so that position should have been yours.

Ending up 4th in the first race put me back near the front for race 2 with the reverse grid and I was able to capitalize on an error in front of me to get into P1 and held on for only my 3rd win which was in doubt right up to the last fraction of a second. I knew that in the first race @Steve Le Gallez had made his move on @Jopamir on the last turn of the last lap and outpaced him to the finish line so I was going to cover my inside line and make him take the long around and see if he could repeat it. Unfortunately, since I was on the inside line I needed to brake earlier than normal, which I didn't. I hit the turn too hot and slid past the apex bumping into Steve. I didn't run him off track but the change in his line meant he didn't get the strong run to the finish line he wanted. Unfortunately I didn't either but I had just enough to beat him by a half of a car length. My move in that last turn wasn't intentional, as I'm not anywhere good enough to plan that and carry it out, and it may not even have been completely legal but IT SURE WAS EXCITING!!

Here are the sprints to the finish lines of both races. @PurgerUK was in 3rd place and watched both of these finishes so here's what he saw as they approached that final turn, plus some side views of the photo finishes. In the second race you can see my tires skidding as I missed my braking point and headed toward the side of @Le Gallez. Great fun!

I was wondering as people do stream the events "maybe" if the streamer knows he's going to stream the event it could be posted in the OP.

We don't want to clutter the OP with any unnecessary info. It's long enough already and people have short attention spans. Also, given that people already don't bother reading the OP to find out about race length, pit stops, and track layout, it's more likely that stream links will be seen if they're made as a regular post.

We don't want to clutter the OP with any unnecessary info. It's long enough already and people have short attention spans. Also, given that people already don't bother reading the OP to find out about race length, pit stops, and track layout, it's more likely that stream links will be seen if they're made as a regular post.
Wow.:confused:
And I mean wow with things like, clutter, unnecessary info, short attention spans, don't bother reading the OP.

I can't speak for everybody but I can certainly speak for myself and that is I feel rather insulted. I don't feel the need to be rude over a mirror suggestion and I certainly don't feel the need to be insulted for it. It's not that I don't understand what's being said it's the way it's being said.
And I don't understand is why things are this way. I just don't get it.

I can't speak for everybody but I can certainly speak for myself...
Exactly. Just because you take the time and effort to read every OP (which I actually appreciate), and don't become bored/confused by it's contents, doesn't mean everyone is the same. You hear the same questions on TS as I do about things which are clearly written there. Sorry if you feel offended by facts but there it is.

Anyway, it was an RD-wide decision to keep the OPs to the point and free of unnecessary information, so it is what it is.

Like I said, I don't know why its this way. I just don't get it.
So on the basis of a few people of not reading the OP we're not getting what I consider useful information which I believe would help promote the club and the events. But you consider as clutter and unnecessary information as we all will get bored and confused by the content. So for the sake of a few and I mean a few which obviously makes us all incapable of comprehending the OP.
I myself and I'm sure others will simply say when somebody asked, is there a pit stop in this race the answer is yes or no or go read the OP. This is no more than a problem to me and I'm sure other that it is somebody asking how much fuel they should use.
And do I feel offended your facts what imply that I will get bored I (we) get confused and have a short attention span, in resulting not reading the OP basic content. Yes I do. Your facts are wrong we are not all as stupid as you think. So I guess we're all incapable of understanding a little bit more information about the events. On the basis some don't read the OP.
Here's a thought maybe if you take some information out people won't get so bored or confused and read the OP more often.:roflmao:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years