RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be worth while posting on the Sector 3 forum as I am not sure if doing an old school F1 fly by in the pit will get you DQ'd.
Interesting thought if taking pit speed restriction off is a possibility, could make things really fun.

76fc02a30faf8446-dancing-baby-gif-funny-kid-memes-toddler-activities.gif

YES! I am in this time. The schedule should be clear for me to participate.

The ADAC GT Masters has a wide assortment of cars to choose from. I do wonder if the Camaro is up to the task though.

Last edited:
I'm in, David:)
You're in an get that rev limit button figured out Mike;)

U2 Larry
YES! I am in this time. The schedule should be clear for me to participate
No cancel this go around:ninja:.

The ADAC GT Masters has a wide assortment of cars to choose from. I do wonder if the Camaro is up to the task though.
Why not?:geek:
I am in, David.
Narrow track, up and over a mountain. What could go wrong?
Nothing as far as I can see:rolleyes:

I'm my testing, I'm having an easier time with the Z4 compared to the Camaro, but I enjoy driving the Camaro. I will stick with the horse eating small animal. I'm only off by a second to the Z4's best time.

Last night someone mentioned a squeaky throttle on Fanatec pedals, I only caught a portion of the conversation in between accelerating the daylights out of the Mustang. Was there a fix as I have looked for dirt and even lubed it up a bit with 3in1 oil to no avail?

r3e_us_club-jpg.313719

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

For the August *Special* event where we are headed to Belgium. Pit strategy is all your own. We will have three classes and will be a first come first choice.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms or other How To's for R3E check out great resources here

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: P2, GTR3 and Porsche GT3 Cup
Track: Spa-Francorchamps Grand Prix

Tuesday 27/08/19
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup: 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (90 minutes)

Selecting the class here must be the class you select on club day

I am going to ask everyone to please keep the chat to a minimum during the race, especially with the great turn out we have as it may be distracting to some drivers as well as talking over each will get alot of 'what did you say?'
If we can keep the chat to warning a driver in regards to lapped traffic, giving someone your intent on entering pits if they are approaching, or overall track awareness would greatly be appreciated.

the FReD (Finishers Rewards Drawing)
J-F of Sector 3 wants us to have a successful kick off to the club and has generously provided redeem codes for 200 VRP each that can be used on content of your choice, or just save it for use later as there is no expiration.

Each week three randomly selected drivers that complete the race, NO DNF's or Disconnects, will be awarded the VRP. Does not matter where you finish as long as you DO finish to qualify for drawing.

Each of the next twelve weeks (ending Sept 24, 2019) we will award the VRP to the three randomly selected drivers. There is no limitation as the amount of VRP you can win, so show up and finish each week.:D

At the end of twelve weeks the top four drivers with the most number of complete races will also be awarded 200 VRP each. (in the event of ties a random drawing will be done).

*I am not a lawyer, or pretend to be one, and am not responsible for loopholes perceived or otherwise in this rewards drawing:).

Entry List - 30 slots
  1. theColeHardTruth P2
  2. sc4dr P2
  3. 2112 P2
  4. BP P2
  5. SOLO59 P2
  6. Racker2 P2
  7. matthew walters P2
  8. Keith_G P2
  9. TrumpetReich P2
  10. ko41 P2
  11. TR_S P2
  12. [COLOR=#ff0000]David DeGreef[/COLOR] GTR3
  13. Sean Armstrong GTR3
  14. Minerro GTR3
  15. Wilko Jones GTR3
  16. brc19 GTR3
  17. Rory Wetherington GTR3
  18. Mike Wyatt GTR3
  19. stevem GTR3
  20. emarchena GTR3
  21. Free Slot GTR3
  22. Free Slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  23. Free Slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  24. Free Slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  25. Free slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  26. Free slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  27. Free slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  28. Free slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  29. Free slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  30. Free slot Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP# 87

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time. I will post an in game chat message stating as much so that you are aware.

Last edited:
r3e_us_club-jpg.315477

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other.

And now back to what is near and dear to all racers of a certain age, Group 5. If you aren't familiar take a drive in one of these beasts to test your nerve around Sonoma with it's elevation changes and high speed will get your heart pumping.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
Cars: Group 5
Track: Sonoma Long

Tuesday 13/08/19
Practice:

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race : 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop (minimum of two tires)

Selecting a car/livery is optional and is just a way of showing your preference. Everyone is free to choose what they like as duplicates are allowed.

I am going to ask everyone to please keep the chat to a minimum during the race, especially with the great turn out we have had as it may be distracting to some drivers as well as talking over each will get alot of 'what did you say?'
If we can keep the chat to warning a driver in regards to lapped traffic, giving someone your intent on entering pits if they are approaching, or overall track awareness would greatly be appreciated.

J-F of Sector 3 wants us to have a successful kick off to the club and has generously provided redeem codes for 200 VRP each that can be used on content of your choice, or just save it for use later as there is no expiration.

Each week three randomly selected drivers that complete the race, NO DNF's or Disconnects, will be awarded the VRP. Does not matter where you finish as long as you DO finish to qualify for drawing.

Each of the next twelve weeks (ending Sept 24, 2019) we will award the VRP to the three randomly selected drivers. There is no limitation as the amount of VRP you can win, so show up and finish each week.:D

At the end of twelve weeks the top four drivers with the most number of complete races will also be awarded 200 VRP each. (in the event of ties a random drawing will be done).

*I am not a lawyer, or pretend to be one, and am not responsible for loopholes perceived or otherwise in this rewards drawing:).

Entry List - 20 slots
  1. [B][COLOR=#ff0000]David DeGreef[/COLOR][/B]
  2. sc4dr
  3. stevem
  4. TrumpetReich
  5. BP
  6. Mike Wyatt
  7. Sean Armstrong
  8. brc19
  9. FeltHat
  10. bloozmahn
  11. Keith_G
  12. Rory Wetherington
  13. Minerro
  14. 2112
  15. Isaac Chavira
  16. TR_S
  17. Racker2
  18. Neal Ches
  19. SOLO59
  20. ko41
  21. emarchena
  22. theColeHardTruth
  23. Free Slot
  24. Free Slot

Reserve list

1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 144

Last edited:
r3e_us_club-jpg.313719

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms or other How To's for R3E check out great resources here

Join us

Server Name:
Cars: Formula Raceroom US
Track: Indianapolis Grand Prix

Tuesday 20/08/19
Practice:

Warmup: 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race: 21:50 ET (40 minutes) Mandatory Pit Stop (minimum two tires)

I am going to ask everyone to please keep the chat to a minimum during the race, especially with the great turn out we have as it may be distracting to some drivers as well as talking over each will get alot of 'what did you say?'

Entry List - 20 slots
  1. [B][COLOR=#ff0000]David DeGreef[/COLOR][/B] #2
  2. brc19 #7
  3. Wilko Jones
  4. sc4dr #18
  5. Sean Armstrong
  6. stevem #8
  7. Rory Wetherington #16
  8. ko41 #14
  9. emarchena
  10. TR_S
  11. Neal Ches
  12. Keith_G
  13. Nick Hill
  14. BP
  15. Free Slot
  16. Free Slot
  17. Free Slot
  18. Free Slot
  19. Free Slot
  20. Free Slot

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP# 79

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time. I will post an in game chat message stating as much so that you are aware.

Last edited:
Last night someone mentioned a squeaky throttle on Fanatec pedals, I only caught a portion of the conversation in between accelerating the daylights out of the Mustang. Was there a fix as I have looked for dirt and even lubed it up a bit with 3in1 oil to no avail?
It is best to disassemble the pedal, clean all joints and lube all joints (lithium based grease works great, you'll get it easily in autopart stores or even good quality bicycle shops).
Use low viscosity oils only if you absolutely have to - they usually seep all over and have the nasty side effect of attracting more dust and dirt faster, shortening proper strip down intervals, hence causing more work.
Sometimes the squeak originates with different joints as they run out of lubrication.
The last time on mine it was the joint pin that connects the spring loaded pushrod to the actual pedal arm (this pin runs without any proper bearing within the pedal arm and when running out of lubrication it will squeak).

Others I hear had squeaky sounds from the main friction bearings that connect the pedal arms to the pedal base main rod - a popular mod is to add thin grease grooves to the main bearing to lengthen service intervals.
These pedals really need regular maintenance (a little clean and lube every few months and a tear down once a year is a good schedule).
Teardown is really super easy and straight forward.
If you do a complete teardown make sure to get from a online vendor or hardware store some good quality fastener replacements for the cheese quality cheap fasteners, Fanatec's supplier is using on these pedal sets - they will strip eventually (only use good quality, precise tools on them and do not slip).
I like to use Wera tools and one of our main fastener vendor is Würth but then I am German - you may find great quality from US based suppliers as well ;-)

Reactions: DND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline