RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that was a fun one. Kinda bummed my connection glitched at the start, and half the pack drove right through me. Nice race tho David!!

Fun race, these old race cars are beasts:p. Got a bad start and nearly stalled it (Max Verstappen style), so I lost a few spots right there but there was a spin so I inherited 3rd. Tried to reel in David D. who was quick in his stang but he was mr. steady (as usual). Then Dirk in his Audi Quattro starts reeling me in but he dropped back (or pitted?). Then Bock and me had a long battle ( actually he was faster but my car was wider:laugh:). But Bock finally got me:cry:. Then Crew Chief told me I needed to add fuel at the stop so lost time trying to change my pitstop preset to add 2 gallons. Had one off into the grass that really cost me a bunch of time getting turned around while I was in the lead before the pitstop, so after the stop I was down in 8th:confused:.

Grats to David D. who was surprizingly quick, I figured this was Bocks race, because he was fastest in P1 - P2 and Q1 and :thumbsdown:.

Last edited:
Fun race, these old race cars are beasts:p. Got a bad start and nearly stalled it (Max Verstappen style), so I lost a few spots right there but there was a spin so I inherited 3rd. Tried to reel in David D. who was quick in his stang but he was mr. steady (as usual). Then Dirk in his Audi Quattro starts reeling me in but he dropped back (or pitted?). Then Bock and me had a long battle ( actually he was faster but my car was wider:laugh:). But Bock finally got me:cry:. Then Crew Chief told me I needed to add fuel at the stop so lost time trying to change my pitstop preset to add 2 gallons. Had one off into the grass that really cost me a bunch of time getting turned around while I was in the lead before the pitstop, so after the stop I was down in 8th:confused:.

Grats to David D. who was surprizingly quick, I figured this was Bocks race, because he was fastest in P1 - P2 and Q1 and :thumbsdown:.

Yea Luke that was super fun. We battled for a good while. You protected your lines very well

Thanks for a great race guys, this was fun but please don't tell anyone I was seen in an Audi - that would be embarrassing.
I had a disaster race - completely messed up the start, killing the engine on the grid (embarrassing) - loosing a couple of positions right then, then driving like a devil to catch up those lost positions, going a bit too hot in places until I almost FLIPPED my car running hard over the right hand curb after the long straight.
From then I took it easier, pitted early to fulfill the 2 tire changes and not risk having to run two worn and two new tires. Then I had a few nice battles, missed the odd braking zone and lost time.
two laps before the finish I got a fuel warning and drastically reduced pace, short shifting and saving fuel only to find in the end that I had perfectly enough fuel and the runner in second place was only 11 sec ahead of me !@#$% I'll catch you next time ;-)

Congrats to David "The Ultimate Sand Bag" for a low stealth flight under the radar and a well deserved victory and thanks for setting such awesome track / car combos up - good, proper manly men old metal racing!

When I told my wife that the Fanatec shifter finally gave up the ghost and I only finished 3rd she immediately ordered me a new one and told me ... "You'll show those Amerikaners next time!"
I love her ;-)

These type of cars are lovely, I love anything German that has way too much power while having way too little tires and is driven without any electronic nannies. Maybe we race Group 5 cars some of the next weeks?
Maybe even the DRM Revival Gr.5 Mod for Assetto Corsa one day?

Yea that was a fun one. Kinda bummed my connection glitched at the start, and half the pack drove right through me. Nice race tho David!!
Yeah, Dan (@sc4dr) , I was right behind you on the grid and got what I thought was a fairly good jump then realized you weren't moving so I promptly panicked and slammed on the brakes as visions of all those massive starting line crashes flashed through my head. By the time I was able to stop I had "bumped" your rear bumper but realized that there hadn't been any actual contact and in that instant your car blinked out so I floored it and tried to get all that mass moving forward again. As I SLOOOOOWLY began moving forward I saw that just about all of the left half of the start grid was in front of me but as I always tell myself, the prize money is the same for a first place finish as it is for last place in these races so I just settled in and concentrated on trying to keep the front end of the beast pointing in the right direction
As I mentioned, my DQ was due to hitting the limiter key twice and not realizing it. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the past 6 months so I'm going to have to review my video and figure out how it's happening and make some changes to prevent it. I just wish that Sector3 would put some kind of pop-up on screen that indicates when your limiter is on.

Anyway, as my wife always says, it was fun while it lasted:D. A special thanks to David (@David DeGreef) for all his efforts to organize this and congrats to him and the other two podium finishers. See you all next week.

Congrats to David and the podium, This Audi was a handful. Thing that was bothering me was it wasn't shifting like it was in practice? I had double shift it almost every time was a real b...And the 2nd set of tires went off fast.....with the brakes. But had a decent race a few good fights and 1 bad lap where I just couldnt keep it on the track toward the end but was able to gather it up to finish P-13 I think with nothing but fumes in the tank. :whistling:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can remain conscious for this one, utter carnage, right up my street. :thumbsup: Will only sign in shortly before the event though, as lately I cannot predict consciousness any better than the lottery numbers.
Hope to see at least a few more for this one, guessing it's the holiday season, lightweights! :rolleyes:

I just wish that Sector3 would put some kind of pop-up on screen that indicates when your limiter is on.

I don't know which car you were in but at least in some cars there is an indicator if the pit limiter is on or not in the cockpit.

In the Audi one of the dash lights indicated (blue blinking) when the pit limiter was engaged.
Granted that is surely easy to overlook in the heat of the moment so I went veeeeery careful on this in the race, rather loosing 2-3 seconds in the pit then the whole race :-(

It is a real shame that Raceroom plain disqualifies you even for a small pit speed limit.
Are there actual gradual penalties applied like in ACC (small speeding just a drive through, more severe a time penalty in the pits and only with severe speeding a DQ) ?

I don't know which car you were in but at least in some cars there is an indicator if the pit limiter is on or not in the cockpit.

In the Audi one of the dash lights indicated (blue blinking) when the pit limiter was engaged.
Granted that is surely easy to overlook in the heat of the moment so I went veeeeery careful on this in the race, rather loosing 2-3 seconds in the pit then the whole race :-(

It is a real shame that Raceroom plain disqualifies you even for a small pit speed limit.
Are there actual gradual penalties applied like in ACC (small speeding just a drive through, more severe a time penalty in the pits and only with severe speeding a DQ) ?
I am not aware of a speeding disqualification, but if you do not serve the penalty it will DQ you.

I set up a tablet for a dashboard that works pretty well for when FOV, or just lack of info prevents from seeing what I like. https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/

I am not aware of a speeding disqualification, but if you do not serve the penalty it will DQ you.

I had slowed down to about 60 kph before the entrance to be safe, then once I hit my limiter key I hit the throttle to get up to the limit of 80 kph but since my limiter wasn't actually on I quickly got up to about 100 kph and It DQ'd me before I even got to my pit box. It all happened so fast and I was focused on where my pit box was that I didn't notice my speed until I saw the DQ notice. The immediate DQ may have been b/c of the amount of excess speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back