Hillclimb Challenge

Our server is unused at the moment so I thought I would put it to use for a week long hillclimb challenge.

Deadline - 22/12/18 at 23:59

Server (just search "GRC" in AC) - GRC - Gentlemen's Racing Club

Track - Krajiska Zmija
Track link - https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/krajiska-zmija-hillclimb.6064/

Cars:
Option 1 - Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
Option 2 - Lancia Delta S4 Hillclimb
Car link - https://www.racedepartment.com/down...ancia-delta-s4-hillclimb-version-v-1-0.22780/

Standings:
http://managerdc6.rackservice.org:50129/lapstat

To enter simply choose one of the two car options and join the GRC server which will be set to practice mode and set a time. Times will be shown in the stracker link above and will be posted here occasionally.

Last edited:
Hi, yes I think you will need the Celica to join the server I'm afraid. If there is some interest in this weekly challenge with mod content I will repeat it in the future with other cars/tracks. I could use the same hillclimb next week but with different cars if you like. I would recommend the DLC packs though... some great stuff in there :thumbsup:

BTW to anyone that attempts the challenge, my first valid lap didn't register on stracker so you might find your times only register after your first valid lap.

Thanks Andy. Is there a pack that includes all the available dlc

I had a practice on the track with the s4 I was quite a way off your time.
Unfortunately not, without paying for the base game as well anyway. Maybe wait for a sale and snap them up then :)

You could submit a lap in singleplayer in the Lancia at 97% grip (use fast and restart till you get 97%) and 20C and take a screenshot with all the necessary info like this:
20181207211520_1.jpg

Keep an eye on stracker if your trying to set a time on the server. I'm not sure why but some valid laps aren't counted :( Maybe the timing is a bit messed up when it isn't a circuit track.

wow I'm finding this really difficult I cant get anywhere near the times posted

I'm not great with setups but you could try the one attached to this post. At least try 14/50 gears as I think they work best.

I will post a guide and a video here shortly:

4dlx9Ee.jpg

For Celica using 14/50 gears.

S1 - 3rd gear, brake where the tyres start. make sure you apex far over to the left to avoid the right hand wall on exit.
S2 - I use 2nd gear, nice and careful entry to keep it tight and get on the power early, I use the tyre stack on the left as a brake marker.
S3 - 2nd gear, try to be far over to the left on exit for S4.
S4 - 2nd gear, get a little braking done early over to the left before entry and get on the power quite early as you apex.
S5 - 3rd gear, lift or tiny brake then flat out.
S6 - I use 3rd and then 2nd for this S corner, then down to 1st for
S7 - I mapped a handbrake button, I recommend giving it a bit of handbrake here.
S8/S9 - Up to 3rd, little tiny lifts where needed, watch out for the curbs.
S10 - Don't run wide, you want to be at least middle of the road or to the right for the next bit of the S.
S11 - Make sure you slow enough to get on the power quite early, if you run wide you have to wait too long for power.
S12 - Brake early, get on the power early.
S13 - Start braking around the dark patch on the stone wall, get on the power early and get over to the left, flat out through S14 and brake deep into S15 which tightens a lot. Try to get to the middle of the road on exit for the kink before S16.
S16 - Brake before the sign on the left, keep it tight, use handbrake and 1st or 2nd gear.
S17 - 3rd gear, very light braking and try to turn in late to avoid hitting the wall on exit.
S18 - Hold 4th gear and lift a little bit to avoid clipping the curb on exit.
S19 - Down to 3rd, try to keep the speed up and get on throttle early for the straight.
S20 - Brake quite early near the road sign and hold 3rd gear, try to get back on the power quite early.
S21 - Hold 3rd gear, a very gentle brake, try to keep speed up but keep off the curbs and be gentle with your steering.
S23 - Down to 3rd gear, try to turn in fairly late to avoid the wall on exit.

Far from a perfect lap but this could be useful as a guide:

Attachments

• last.ini
    997 bytes · Views: 239
Last edited:
I'm surprised to see that the Celica rally car is proving more popular so far. I thought people would favour the extra bells and whistles (or superchargers and turbochargers) of the Lancia.

Thank you @Andy-R for hosting that fun.

I was never into hill climbing before and stumbled over this thread. After half an hour of learning I started to like the track and remember the corners. Now it's real fun to shave off a few hundreds.

I'm surprised to see that the Celica rally car is proving more popular so far. I thought people would favour the extra bells and whistles (or superchargers and turbochargers) of the Lancia.

I entered the track for the first time with the Delta and couldn't enjoy it, of course. The Celica instead gave me a chance to learn the track. Now it's time to give it another chance soon.

Thank you @Andy-R for hosting that fun.

I was never into hill climbing before and stumbled over this thread. After half an hour of learning I started to like the track and remember the corners. Now it's real fun to shave off a few hundreds.
I've had a similar experience. It is a refreshing change from the usual :) I think this hillclimb in particular is really nice as well with a great mix of slow and faster turns. It is frustrating at first when you don't know where you are going but the more you learn it the more enjoyable it becomes.

I might do the same again at some point, maybe after Xmas, with different cars (suggestions welcome for that.)

I entered the track for the first time with the Delta and couldn't enjoy it, of course. The Celica instead gave me a chance to learn the track. Now it's time to give it another chance soon.
I know this hillclimb quite well now but I'm still not sure I can get anywhere near the limit of that crazy machine :confused: I will give it a try before the deadline though!

I cant keep the thing on the track :) I shall keep trying
Looks like you managed to hold it together up the hill for a valid time :)

It is really a shame to keep seeing valid times set and not being recorded on stracker though :( I would have chose another hillclimb if I knew about that stracker+Krajiska Zmija issue before hand.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%