Hight adjustable sim seat?

Hi there.

So now It's gonna be, finally. The question is, does it exist at all?

A robost hight adjustable seat, so you will be able to do both simracing near the floor and at normal position for office work. I have a solid big hight adjustable office table suitable for both tasks.

My sim room and work room is one and same with limited opportunities expand family home to split and isolate the different tasks. So it has to work.

First I was thinking of the Next Level GT platform, which is solid, but impossible to adapt for work place position.

So anyone with a suggestion for me here?

Been living simwise with a standard wheel based hight-adjustable office chair since my first sim wheel in '98. I.e. in high normal desktop position for work and very low position for simracing. The problem for the simracing part is, ofcourse, the wheels.
Been OK in sim 'cruising' to victory, but now participating on a bit higher competition level, occationally ACC CP, rF2 and just got teased by a national iRacing series starting in a few weeks, not finding my +10 year old account so starting all over with new account, and ofcourse getting a bit more annoyed when office chair rolls back during heel/toe maneuves/hard breaking, suddenly loosing wheel and pedals and ofcourse annoying my fellow online competitors by unintentional bombdiving or even more havoc (though I quite fast advanced from rookie to D-class it's getting slower for the demanded C-class and +2000 in iRating).

Emergency solution right now is a standard kitchen chair, which is pretty far from optimal position speaking corner taking, though It's a bit safer speaking not loosing pedal/wheel due to back rolling chair.

Another simple solution could ofcouse be to put some solid weight behind my professional hight adjustable office chair with weels, but hey, the tendency is simrigs, I aim to jump on the train as well in some way, with a leg in each camp, though :)

Last edited:
There are wheelstands that have "legs" to screw to your office chair.

We have had some pictures in this forum a few weeks ago, but i´m to "too tied up" (read lazy) to search for them now.
So you could put your wheelstand under/in front of your desk, screw the office chair to it and somehow disable swiveling of the chair. The example i´m thinking of was collapsible so it wouldn´t take up to much space in a corner when it is office time.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Hi there.

So now It's gonna be, finally. The question is, does it exist at all?

A robost hight adjustable seat, so you will be able to do both simracing near the floor and at normal position for office work. I have a solid big hight adjustable office table suitable for both tasks.

My sim room and work room is one and same with limited opportunities expand family home to split and isolate the different tasks. So it has to work.

First I was thinking of the Next Level GT platform, which is solid, but impossible to adapt for work place position.

So anyone with a suggestion for me here?

Been living simwise with a standard wheel based hight-adjustable office chair since my first sim wheel in '98. I.e. in high normal desktop position for work and very low position for simracing. The problem for the simracing part is, ofcourse, the wheels.
Been OK in sim 'cruising' to victory, but now participating on a bit higher competition level, occationally ACC CP, rF2 and just got teased by a national iRacing series starting in a few weeks, not finding my +10 year old account so starting all over with new account, and ofcourse getting a bit more annoyed when office chair rolls back during heel/toe maneuves/hard breaking, suddenly loosing wheel and pedals and ofcourse annoying my fellow online competitors by unintentional bombdiving or even more havoc (though I quite fast advanced from rookie to D-class it's getting slower for the demanded C-class and +2000 in iRating).

Emergency solution right now is a standard kitchen chair, which is pretty far from optimal position speaking corner taking, though It's a bit safer speaking not loosing pedal/wheel due to back rolling chair.

Another simple solution could ofcouse be to put some solid weight behind my professional hight adjustable office chair with weels, but hey, the tendency is simrigs, I aim to jump on the train as well in some way, with a leg in each camp, though :)
When I had a wheel stand I used a strap from a carry bag and connected that to the base of the stand and then wrapped it onto the leg of the chair. It was basically free :). Similar to what you see with the link for Barry. I also printed a wheel stop to place under one of the wheels that helped with any side movement. It worked well until I got my NLR F-GT cockpit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha, thanks guys for tip of the most straight forward simple solution :D
A month ago I was in serious thoughts about to invest in some €5K in Heusinkveld pedals, Fanatec DD and some pro cockpit.

Now ending op spending some €8-15 in a nylon strap, having repaired my G27 now even feeling more FFB and 'live surface feeling' from the pedals, and that it actually suits me better with the strap-office-chair-to-solid-chair solution with my hight adjustable pro table + ditto ergonomic office chair.
Besides being able to quickly switch to office position for work purpose, I'll in addition be able to smoothly change race height depending on car, from butt-on-asphalt go-kart to truck simulation position, without the risk of ending up slipping pedals and sitting with my wheel in the hands detatched from table, as often happened before.

The question is: Why didn't I think of this during the previous 22 years? :D

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%