Highest quality/most mature and polished DTM/F1 mod recommendations

Hello fellow GTR2 drivers,

I am reaching out to hear your suggestions on highest quality GTR2 mods. Quality stuff takes years to polish, so could you share your suggestions about which GTR2 mods are of the highest quality? Obviously, I am aware of P&G and Anniversary edition, both are really, really good - I don't remember having such a nice offline experience in years.

I am interested in real series only, real driver names and liveries (except for Karts). Also, physics, damage, and AI is much more important to me than visuals. So, could someone share their recommendations for:

* Pre-DRS/ERS F1 series (anything earlier than 2011)
* Pre 1998 F1, basically before cars lost slicks for a while
* Pre 2011 DTM (before DRS got added)
* Trackpacks

Also, two questions:
* Could someone give an overview of EEC 2.3 vs 3.0? 3.0 seems to be unfinished from reading forums, so is EEC 2.3 a more solid base?
* Are there any real world Kart tracks for GTR2?

Cheers!

Last edited:
dtm ... for gtr2 this is the dtm 2018 ... it is of high quality models (be careful with the fps)

for f1 .. I suggest you better RFACTOR ....there are many many of these mods ... to get bored

I'll give you the answer they gave me here long ago when I asked the same thing:
I said: instead of spending time trying and testing unknown mods ... do you recommend the best of ...
They said: there is no way to know ... you must try and you yourself will know which one you like.

I'm very sorry I can't help you better, I just don't use gtr2 for these racing series .... only GTs (and tourings)

Last edited:
dtm ... for gtr2 this is the dtm 2018 ... it is of high quality models (be careful with the fps)

for f1 .. I suggest you better RFACTOR .... there are you will find every season .. until you get bored.

I'm very sorry I can't help you better, I just don't use gtr2 for these racing series .... only GTs (and tourings)
Thanks - I should've pointed out that I am looking for pre-DRS DTM years, as GTR2 does not support DRS. Also, rF1 is not an option to me as it has no rain - or did RFE project evolved into good state?

except that rfactor have a lot of f1 seasons ... decently well done .... I don't play rfactor even though they threaten me.

everything seems "copied and pasted" ... or "half" ... and without features.
even with rfe you must "imagine" the graphics.

Last edited:
except that rfactor have a lot of f1 seasons ... decently well done .... I don't play rfactor even though they threaten me.

everything seems "copied and pasted" ... or "half" ... and without features.
even with rfe you must "imagine" the graphics.
BTW - I agree with point on trying yourself :) Yeah, there are many mods I would call great, and people find them shitty, so it is subjective. That said, mods that had evolved over years, are typically good. Unfortunately, with disappearance of nogripracing it is not as easy to understand which mods are quick bish bosh done, and which ones are actual results of work and dedication.

I guess I'll keep trying! Fired up F1 1994 and I like it, but nothing to compare it against yet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.2%