High System Specs for Sebring?

I just purchased Sebring and the Endurance Pack and I'm getting unusually long load times for Sebring and really bad stutter. (This is on single screen, NO VR.)

I've never encountered this before with any other track. Does Sebring really require substantially higher system specs than the rest of rFactor2 does? (My system specs are i5-7500 CPU, 8 Gigs Ram and Nvidea GTX 1060 (3 Gigs) video card.)

If I need to turn some settings down, which ones should they be? And is it possible to turn down settings just for this track and not affect the others?

Thanks!

You could also try the +highprio command. You need to type it into the command box on the launcher, for both single and multi-player. I suggest you look it up, maybe. But yes, the track takes a while to load. I believe some of the extra poad time is due to increased detail in the track mesh... whatever that means. :roflmao:

Sebring is really maxed out on the eye-candy and so your first time loading the track it will take much longer than most tracks until it builds the HAT file then future loading times will be a little faster. I had bad stutter until i started using the "Frame Limiter" in the "RivaTuner Statistics Server", now it's buttery smooth.

I wrote a article on "Micro Stuttering and Scenery Judder" which you might want to read here:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/micro-stuttering-and-scenery-judder.146323/
Note: Read "Richard Hessels" fantastic results on post #8 plus several others with great results!

I don't know how well today's ingame Frame Limiter will work for you but it didn't help me in earlier versions though It's worth a try if you don't want to fiddle around with the RivaTuner.

Note: It needs to be turned on in your player.JSON.
Go to your rFactor 2/UserData/player/player.JSON then open the player.JSON file in notepad and under "Graphic Options" look for "Max Framerate":0 and change the "0" to a number of FPS you can constantly maintain but best results would be close to your monitor's refresh rate.

Last edited:
There are also a couple versions included. The 12 hour race has more demanding track objects and textures so try the regular version.

Overall though it is a very demanding track and hopefully rfactor2 will get around to either optimizing their engine or the track.

My guess is the 3gigs is the limiting factor: reducing track detail, opponent details, texture details, etc. to reduce Vram usage.
I'm pretty sure that vram is your bottleneck here.
I had same issue when bought sebring on release . sometimes i had crash to desktop in loading.
I had nvidia GTX with 2 gig vram.
In my new rig don't have any issues like that.

This setting might help when on the track and is located in your ingame "Options" and should reduce the load on your vram when necessary though don't believe this will help in decreasing track loading times.

"Auto Detail FPS" = "Details and visible vehicles will be automatically reduced (by up to half) if framerate is under this threshold #".

Last edited:
It seems to be that I had quite a number of graphics options set pretty high. Apparently Sebring doesn't like that on my system. I minimized all graphics options and Sebring runs a lot smoother now. (Other tracks had no problem with where my settings were.)

So, now I'd like to arrive at the "sweet spot" for my graphics settings. - Not too low, but not too high so that Sebring remains at least largely unaffected.

With that gal in mind, which graphic settings in rF2 affect FPS the most and which can I increase without FPS being affected too much?

Thanks!

Low End GPU
Graphic Options Low  End.jpg
MID End GPU
Graphic Options MID End.jpg
High End GPU
Graphic Options High End.jpg

+ Post Processing in launcher on Low/Mid

Extremely useful Makan. Thank you!

I used the mid-GPU settings and it confirms that Sebring does indeed drop the framerates lower than other tracks. And its also amazing how much lower the FPS is (on any track) when using VR.

I have low-end GPU and with makan's settings I woud get much lower fps.
My recommendations:

Texture filter = 8x or 16x anisotropic -> much better track surface with minimum fps loss
Shadows=low and Shadow blur=off -> big fps gain
Rain drops=off -> 15% fps gain even on dry
Steering wheel=off -> fps gain
Visible vehicles=10 -> fps gain on race start and in traffic

Post processing=off -> fps gain

Those pics created by 397 Guys.
I just reupload them here.
We know RF2 is CPU hungry, so you have to use them as a base and adjust your settings Based upon them.

Last edited:
When GPU VRAM is exceeded, rF2 automatically drops FPS by something like 50%. The solution is really simple, just lower opponent and track texture detail and the VRAM usage will reduce significantly. It would be nice if the game had a way to auto-adjust these settings or suggest when VRAM is exceeded.

I guess it's only really a guide and so shouldn't be taken too literally. If in doubt, start with the low end settings, then increase settings (just one at a time), until you find the best compromise for you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%