High quality sounds for racer

Hello-

I have been working on making some HQ sounds for racer and was wondering if anyone has any samples. I am looking for sounds that are steady (one RPM). If you have sounds that you want me to make for a specific car, I make the .ini as well.

Thanks,

iRacer

You need samples under load ideally.

Pull the handbrake on hard and drive in 1st gear up a steep slope to get the 1000, 2000, 3000rpm samples etc ;) :D
For the overrun, drive down a steep hill and let the engine and a little bit of foot-brake control the rpm, again in 1st gear ideally... yes, you'll need a very steep hill to get the 3000,4000rpm samples :D

Dave

You need samples under load ideally.

Pull the handbrake on hard and drive in 1st gear up a steep slope to get the 1000, 2000, 3000rpm samples etc ;) :D
For the overrun, drive down a steep hill and let the engine and a little bit of foot-brake control the rpm, again in 1st gear ideally... yes, you'll need a very steep hill to get the 3000,4000rpm samples :D

Dave
Hi, with an automatic handbrake it will be hard lol. And what about environements sounds? lol

Haha, yeah with a handbrake that is automatic, then the foot brake is the only option.

On a fwd car that is not so bad though because the front brakes do a lot more work, so are up to the task.

In 1st gear environment noises are much lower, as the road speed is relatively low.

If you coast at the same road speed you can get a sample of the noise type to remove from the 'load' samples... it's not perfect but it lets you try remove any environment noise there is.

Also if you mic up near the engine/exhaust for external sound mixing, your environment noises will be much lower.

For interior, then most environment noises are subdued at low road speeds.

OK there is some cost to get the kit, but a Zoom H4n and a few mic's around the car, and a specific check list of things to record so you don't miss any, then you should be able to do ok... with 32bit recording especially, you can get some good post editing capability of low sounds and high volume sounds!

All easier said than done of course, but it's a good starting point!

Dave

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I can't download the video because it's private... If you can, would you be able to upload it to Google Drive?

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing