High Ping

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by xownage133, Apr 5, 2014.

1. xownage133

xownage133

Ratings:
    +25
    hi,

I've got a bit of a problem with the ping in multiplayer. I've tried multiple server but it seems like everyone has a high ping ~300-400 and my ping for them is around 300-400 too while other people have a ping of ~60 for other players.

I've tried allowing rFactor 2 in my Firewall and it didn't work.
    Also, I've noticed something strange:
    Whenever I boot up my PC, the connection is fine and everything is how it's supposed to be.
    But then I boot rFactor and close it again and suddenly the whole connection is messed up: Internet connection in general is very slow and whenever I try a speedtest after I've started rF2, it gives an extremely high ping.
    Something I wouldn't get without booting rF2

Normal test results:
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3420163530

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

EDIT: Just tested the FSR test server. And it's fine now but I doubt it will be gone forever
    EDIT2: I just did 2 tests:
    1: Boot up my computer, join a server without a custom livery. Fine
    2: Boot up my computer, join a server with a custom livery. Fine in the beginning, ping building up more and more 'till it reaches 300 and it stays at that level for the entire time.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. Tume

Tume
    The unlucky Finn

Ratings:
    +332
    Have you changed the lines in the multiplayer.ini mentioned in the 2014 rules document? :)

3. xownage133

xownage133

Ratings:
    +25
    Yep

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,493
    I had the same problem a few weeks back. Total new install with the latest build resolved it for me.

EDIT: By the way, anybody else unable to see the FSR Test Server? Been trying for 20 minutes now, but the FSR test server is unavailable it seems.

5. John-Eric Saxén

John-Eric Saxén

Ratings:
    +762
    It seems the custom liveries function is a bit buggy in rF2. We'll run without it at least the first couple of rounds, as I see no point in having that on when everyone gets to download a fresh mod with skins.

Testserver rF2 had a crash which happens when dedi is left on for 4-5 days, rebooted.

• Like Like x 1