High FPS, GSYNC, NO VSYNC - but looks like 30fps

Hi,

ACC runs on average around 90-100FPS on triple gsync setup, vsync is off, DLSS on. however it looks like it running at 30fps as soon as you do anything but drive straight it looks laggy and not smooth. I can play other sims that drop to 70FPS and they still looks fine and smooth. 3080ti.

any ideas?

Speaking for myself, from the last two PC/monitor setups I've used to play ACC, if VSYNC is off, it looks like absolute garbage. It looks like a much lower FPS rate, and lots of tearing and ghosting problems like crazy.

I monitor my hardware with Afterburner and Rivatuner, and without vsync and just the framerate capped my GPUs ran warm.

Don't know why that's the case, but I just leave vsync on now.

Even though I have low demand ie: gsync 1440p with all sims I start at default medium settings
with 45 cars ( rF2 Enduro )

If everything is nice and smooth with medium go from there and turn up individual settings

AMS2 and ACC I get markedly lower performance with RTX2080 for me they don't seem to gain
as much once field spreads out

Last edited:
Same here, 3090 and 5950X both watercooled, running 3440x1440 at 120FPS but it looks like 30 lots of times. Still didnt find a real solution IF there is any...

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

In NVCPL:
Low Latency: On
VSync: On
G-Sync: Enabled for Full Screen

In ACC:
- VSync off
- Frame Limit off
- Full Screen enabled
- Disable HLOD

There was also weird micro stutter on G9 at least, to fix:
- If DSC is active (240 hz mode), set VRR Control in Monitor On-Screen menu to On
- When DSC is disabled (any non 240hz mode), set VRR Control to Off

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I think I found a solution. Not only for this sim but all the others as well. It works for me, no more problems anywhere.

I run, sync and lock and everything at 60 hertz. One of the benefits is my 3070 runs cooler and with all my sims I can run them at full, max and ultra everything settings. The 34 inch ultra wide monitor is NOT set on hdr and the speed is set at the lowest speed called "fast" setting. At 1440. All nVidia settings are all at default.

I'm very happy with the results!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%