Resource icon

Tracks High Force v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I have a problem when trying to drive at night Using latest track config sol1.4 and csp136

I've asked on the CSP discord channel just wondered if anybody had any ideas thanks

20200204175925_1.jpg

High Force is the name of the waterfall along the southern section of the track. The pit spawns are in the car park of the High Force Hotel. I'd considered moving the hotlap and practice starts there too, for consistency, but I'm so used to the current locations I didn't want to change them. Might do in future if people think that makes more sense.

As for the timing, I've got a feeling that it currently only works in one direction. Might try and copy the way bridge to gantry is done at the Nordschleife, although I'm not sure if that works backwards either. If not it'll have to be different layouts for clockwise and anti.

Good to hear performance is decent. I've been getting a bit of stuttering in VR even though the framerate is mostly fine.
Noob question, which way to you is the "correct way"? I think I have been doing it incorrectly (clockwise) so far and love it, but don't get lap times as the timer only works anti-clockwise I think? I haven't been able to complete a lap yet without binning it that direction :rolleyes:. I look forward to the Clockwise version and in the meantime, I guess I will have to learn it the other way around :laugh:
Thanks for creating an awesome map!

There is no right way. I've done both equally and while the fast downhill into Weardale (clockwise) is the most exhilarating stretch, I don't really have any preference for the rest.

Most of the youtube videos I've seen are clockwise as well.

Came across this track by pure accident (someone on forum recommended it as "if you like LA canyons, you may aswell...") and not having heard of it ever before, wasnt expecting much from 0.1 version at all.
My oh my how I misjudged.
Fantastic track, very well made and soo realistic. I live in Ireland so narrow and awkward roads are my daily basis, but those landscapes - WOW!
You are way too modest with 0.1 numbering, its actually misleading making ppl think its an early alpha stage where it does feel like completed track with some minor modifications left. 0.9b or similar would suit it much more...
respect!!! Seriously, virtual beer for you.
cant wait for updates.
!
tmp.JPG

I've done a few laps yesterday and it's a great driving experience with fond memories coming back up.
From the first few seconds, watching out from the parking area:
IMG_4374.JPG
I do "miss" that huge crease in the landscape. Not because it feels like it's missing, just because I knew it's there in real life :p
IMG_4380.JPG

I've not tried it, but looking at the recent video posted of this, it brings back good memories. I can almost smell the wiff of lavender fields while watching him blast through the hills. Looking forward to driving it!
I said lavender, I meant heath ofcourse. :redface:
IMG_4339_pano.jpg

I did go out and 'hike' to the waterfall. Sadly it's not there in AC, but you shouldn't really be there anyway :D
IMG_4350.JPG

Okay, sorry for the photos, here's some actual feedback:
In the top left of the track, there's a stretch of grass - most likely with collider surface - above the actual grass. Makes cars do crazy things :D
20200301095103_1.jpg
And on the bottom right of the track there's a little bridge. The gap underneath is really visible coming from one direction (screenshot not taken from the roads to show it, but you can see it while driving a good 200 m before you get to it). From the other direction it's not visible at all.
20200301100830_1.jpg

First, thank you for your great effort, it is the kind of track I enjoy, please, don´t stop working on it. It is fantastic and I am already wnjoying 0.1 ver a lot. Great to drive around, chill, test road cars, have a laugh with friends.

Just wondering: where did you get the inspiration to name it High Force ? :)
It (especially the roads) look absolutely stunning. It will be great for cruising and admiring the landscape, maybe even with traffic. I doubt I will ever race it though (50km !).
Btw: I ended up doing two laps yesterday, mainly because in practice mode the timer did not stop and only after a while I realized I was there before... :D
Ah...very well optimized too (188 fps AVG on my triple system - alone on track).

Edit: for some reasin the timer worked today. Maybe because I started from 'pits' in stead of starting line ?
I live around this area and its because theres a water fall called high force near these roads

Yes, you put it in :
Steam/SteamApps/common/assettocorsa/extension/config/tracks/...

If I remember, there is another way, but I am not sure. Maybe :

In a folder named "extension". You have to create it :
Steam/....../assettocorsa/content/tracks/highforce/extension

You rename the "highforce.ini" file in "ext_config.ini" and you put it in the new folder.

I think there is no problem to test the second way, if it don't work, delete the new folder and back to the first way ! ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back