High End PC and FPS problems VR

Hi guys,

I recently updated my PC triying to enjoy Assetto Corsa even more, these are the specs:

Seasonic Focus+ 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080
MSI X470 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 4ghz
Noctua NH-U12S
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, C15)

Samsung Oddyssey + VR
Fanatec CSL Elite bundle

Well, I don´t know where the problem is, but I can´t get 90 stable fps... There you have some pics to ilustrate the problem...

As you can see, CPU cores and GPU are not working enough at all to make 90 fps...

My presets - Very low:

Performance:

f

Some details:

- Fps even drops to 45/50 fps
- Chipset and gpu drivers are up to date
- 150 supersampling on SteamVR
- Ram is on fine presets (3000mhz CL15)
- V-Sync off
- Energy plan: Max performance (cpu limit 100%)
- Nvidia Control Panel by default presets

On the other hand, only to show you and example, in Project Cars 2, you can see how same gear are be able to get 90 fps easily, even all presets max:

I dont like PC2, Im in love with AC....

I hope you could help me because I´m totally frustrated, I spent a lot of money on this, and I have a terrible performance... Pain on my heart watching 50fps

Any advice will be very thankful.

• Deleted member 197115

Isn't 200% * 2.0 = 400%? Seems way too high to me. I'm running AC at a render scale of 1.5 without any other type of supersampling active (I'm using a Rift, so no Steam VR needed), so I presume that's 150% in total (AA at 4x though).
No, it's not 400. RenderTargetScale only affects GPU memory, not load.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/..._to_prove_that_20_render_does_make_a/ed5zzs9/

And 200% SteamVR SS is roughly 1.414 Oculus, they use new way of calculating it as multiplier of total pixel count.
@RobertR1, you can tell easily if it's CPU or GPU by looking at reprojection indicator.
mvlsrindicator.png

I absolutely believe you but just to be sure:
Did you really disable everything?
And also some of the GPU optimizations are taxing the CPU more. Here's how my "for CPU limit" settings look like:
Everything is disabled and grayed out. Only the general settings are enabled like in the Screenshot. It's not much but it's a few fps, especially since I use quite some apps, the custom fonts rendering is helping a lot.
View attachment 285283
Tried it yesterday: as soon as I enable the shaders patch using your settings my FPS slightly drops (more dips to 45 FPS on Brands Hatch). I loose the shadow under the cars and to get them back I need to enable 'Graphic adjustments' with 'Reduce tiling' enabled (hardly more FPS load).
When I disable the shaders patch the FPS goes up again.

Last edited:
No, it's not 400. RenderTargetScale only affects GPU memory, not load.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/..._to_prove_that_20_render_does_make_a/ed5zzs9/

And 200% SteamVR SS is roughly 1.414 Oculus, they use new way of calculating it as multiplier of total pixel count.
@RobertR1, you can tell easily if it's CPU or GPU by looking at reprojection indicator.
mvlsrindicator.png

Where on the screen is this present? I don't see any indications but I'm probably not looking at the right places.

I absolutely believe you but just to be sure:
Did you really disable everything?
And also some of the GPU optimizations are taxing the CPU more. Here's how my "for CPU limit" settings look like:
Everything is disabled and grayed out. Only the general settings are enabled like in the Screenshot. It's not much but it's a few fps, especially since I use quite some apps, the custom fonts rendering is helping a lot.
View attachment 285283
Optimize meshes / Deduplicate meshes are load time only so won't affect CPU.
Use separate shadow meshes will cause slightly more CPU load (with next update will automatically disable during high CPU load situations)
Draw order optimization should only have minuscule effect on CPU except for the fact that if FPS increases CPU load increases proportionally.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 164 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%