Hidden projects in BTB project folder

Hi Guys,
I've recently re-installed Win7x64 and BTBevo with it. So before doing so I backed up all my projects.

The problem is that all the projects that I dropped back into the project folder can be seen and accessed within BTB and windows explorer but any new saved variants of projects can only be seen and accessed from BTB. If I save them with a different name it still does the same thing. I had this problem with a previous install too. I was given a track by a friend to work on and an variants of the project that I saved could not be accessed in explorer.

This makes it impossible to backup my projects as I progress and I cannot transfer my projects over to BTBpro for Rfactor exports.

w20v8cn3psnnlu85g.jpg

You can see in the image that BTB can find the "k" & "m" variants of the La Sarthe 2012 track but they seem to be locked and no matter what I do in explorer I cannot get them to appear. I really need to make backups of these projects.

Is there any way that I can gain access to them?

Thanks for the help.

YETIsaj

EDIT: Well, it seems as though I can get around the initial saving problem by assigning a different projects folder. I can save other versions of the "J" variant and still access them in explorer. But I cant recover the already locked projects in the original BTB folder. Unless I can get them, It means I'm going to have to re-do all the work in those versions.:(

No, unfortunately that didn't work. I can't see the folder in explorer to enable/disable security settings directly, and if I try it on the Projects Folder it makes no difference. When I try to do it through BTB it allows me to access the folder settings but when I try to apply security changes it says the system cannot find the specified folder. :(

Try a search for "cannot see files windows 7" in Google.
I have seen this issue before in Win7. Something to do with security on the folders.
Right click on My Projects folder and select security tab. Check settings there. Maybe try adding everyone and giving them rights to everything.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 472 39.0%