Hidden Keys in GTR2 (usefull things to know)

Posting this mainly for the newcomers to the game, following a similar thread in NoGrip.
There are some "hidden" keys in the game which, I suppose, the more veteran players of GTR2 are already well aware of.
Many of these keys are referenced in the 'Training' section of GTR2, so they aren't all really "hidden keys" but, well, there you go.
Of course, the following applies only to the default controls and key/bindings assignments (which you can change/reassign as you like).

Cameras:

Insert: change onboard view with motec still working
Home: change view of the car in different angles arround it. (motec doesnt work)
Page Up : swing cam, view the car from the back or any side you want just by pressin in the numpad 8,2,4,6 for direction , 7 and 9 for distance , 5 to reset the swing cam angle (exactly behind the car). Also if in a replay dont want to se the car moving , keep pressed one of 7,9,2.
Please note that in replays motec and gauges won't work.
Page Down : view the car from the track cameras
Delete : make disappear the "Replay" overlay and the time (seconds) references while watching a replay.
Up, Down, Right, Left (arrow) keys: when viewing a replay, these will rewind, fast-forward, superfast and pause the replay.
- or + (in numpad) to change the car in focus.

0 and . (in numpad) for slow and very slow motion in replay (press and hold one of them each time).
Numpad Enter : return the view to your own car.
Left Shift : switch view to bumper cam.

Pressing space bar will skip the "Grid walk" that the camera makes before the start of an offline race.

F keys - Driving Assists:

F1 - Steering
F2 - Braking
F3 - Stability
F4 - Spin Recovery
F5 - Damage On/Off
F6 - Automatic Shifting
F7 - Traction Control
F8 - Anti-lock brakes
F9 - Autoclutch On/Off

Misc:

F12 : screenshot, .BMP image file in the installation folder.
(you can also press
PrintScreen but you have to open mspaint or some other image editor to see it)

Ctrl + F
: show framerate in the game.
Ctrl + G : Play the game in slow motion, like slowing the time.
K : accelerates time in game.
TAB : display multiplayer names
ALT-F : resets the Force Feedback to default values. (note: this will revert any custom FFB settings you may have placed)

LMB (and drag mouse forward/backwards): adjusts the horizontal seat positioning in cockpit view.
RMB (and drag mouse forward/backwards): adjusts the vertical seat positioning in cockpit view.

CTRL + LMB (and drag mouse forward/backwards): decreases/increases the FOV (Field Of View) for all views.

Last edited:
Thx - but what if I wanna adjust let's say seathight even more. Where are the values in the files hidden to adjust / mod that!? Don't wanna fiddle with it too much. And does anyone know how to adjust AI drivers skills in a mod to have some pilots being better than others etc.!?

Seat position are done in each cars . car file
Close to the top of the file you will see:
MaxSeatRear=0.10
MaxSeatFront=-0.10
MaxSeatUp=0.07
MaxSeatDown=-0.02

Be careful not overdoing the values or your head goes through the roof or other strange things happens.

AI drivers individual strengths are adjusted in the talent files.
Most mods do not have talent files but they are easy enough to make.
The main issue are the naming as talent files can be located pretty much anywhere.
the base drivers are the the Talent Sub folders but you can put them in the individual team folder also.
The names have to be unik and have to spelled like the driver name(s) in each are .
You can check a base car and driver how it is done.

Attachments

• Untitled 1.jpg
    Untitled 1.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
how to rename player profile is written in GTR2_SETUP at page V :)
Dear GTR233 !
How and where can I see which FOV (numeric value) I have selected in GTR2_SETUP without running it? The fact is that when I first installed GTR2 HQ Anniversary PATCH and configured it via GTR2_SETUP, I managed to get good FOV and all other parameters settings for me. Now when I have installed a new patch in a separate folder with a clean game, I would like to repeat the same settings for all GTR2_SETUP items as the first time. Is it possible in the future to see inside GTR2_SETUP (for example, highlight in a different color the variant of the row that was last selected ?

Team names are included in the .car file of each car.
It can easily been changed opening this file with notepad, modifying one line and saving.

You find this line at the bottom of the car file in this last paragraph at the 2nd line.
Here an example of an original car ( but all cars, original or mods use the same system )

Number=04142
Team="BMW Motorsport"
PitGroup="BMWM3"
Driver="Dirk Mueller"
Driver1="Dirk Mueller"
Driver2="Joerg Mueller"
Description="BMW M3 GTR"
Engine="BMW"
Manufacturer="BMW_M3GTR"
classes="FULL, 2004, G2_2004, 24H_2004, BMW, BMW_M3, SPA_2004"
ComparativeTime=104

NB: don't forget the " before and after the team name.

Team names are included in the .car file of each car.
It can easily been changed opening this file with notepad, modifying one line and saving.

You find this line at the bottom of the car file in this last paragraph at the 2nd line.
Here an example of an original car ( but all cars, original or mods use the same system )

Number=04142
Team="BMW Motorsport"
PitGroup="BMWM3"
Driver="Dirk Mueller"
Driver1="Dirk Mueller"
Driver2="Joerg Mueller"
Description="BMW M3 GTR"
Engine="BMW"
Manufacturer="BMW_M3GTR"
classes="FULL, 2004, G2_2004, 24H_2004, BMW, BMW_M3, SPA_2004"
ComparativeTime=104

NB: don't forget the " before and after the team name.
thank you very much! very appreciated!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years