F1 2010 Hi to the Forum!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I used to be a GTR2 fan and still am but that was a few years ago! Have just recently bought F! 2010 and was originaly playing it on a non-force-feedback wheel but have just bought a Logitech Driving Force GT and impressed with it. Have a couple of questions for you guys.

I am driving without any assists, except racing line. Are the racing lines, braking points etc. to be trusted? I have often found that they can lead to me scrubbing off too much speed.

Would I be able to take part in one of your races with the racing line turned on?

How do I import hot laps from other players?

Lastly in the Game controller settings for the wheel could you explain what these settings mean...

Environmental effects

Feedback Strength (Think I know that one!)

Wheel weight

Thank you guys in advance...

Paul

Hi Paul. The racing line/braking points are pretty accurate in most cases, but not always. As you get used to the tracks you will soon find out which braking points are accurate and which ones are turning red too soon or too late.

You can import ghostcars from other player in timetrial. To do so go to timetrial, choose your car, choose your track. Now select an empty slot and click enter.

As for your third question i cannot help you because im just a keyboard noobie.

Hi there, sounds like you've played racing games before - you probably want to turn that "racing line" off.

As for the wheel settings, I'm not 100% sure of this so if anyone has any more accurate info I'm also interested to know:

Environmental effect = Rumble strips, gravel, grass etc...
Wheel weight = how hard it is to turn the wheel - effectively how much "power steering" you have (or have not!)

There are also similar settings in the logitech profiler - where you can globally alter the wheel settings or setup a profile just for F1 2010.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back