Hi/Lo Damper velocity threshold

I've decided I'm not nerdy enough so I'm learning about damper velocity readings in Motec. The programme asks for a hi/lo speed boundary measurement (the point at which the slow speed settings convert to high speed setting).
My question is where do I find this measurement in the rFactor2 file structure? I've looked through the folders but no luck.
histo.JPG

I've decided I'm not nerdy enough so I'm learning about damper velocity readings in Motec. The programme asks for a hi/lo speed boundary measurement (the point at which the slow speed settings convert to high speed setting).
My question is where do I find this measurement in the rFactor2 file structure? I've looked through the folders but no luck.
View attachment 284919
Can't really help you but in theory you could find it out with some testing.
Set fast value to the max and the normal value to the minimum in the car setup, do a few laps.
Then put both to the opposite and do a few laps.
You should see how the diagrams in Motec change and probably see some "borders" where which setting has influence to the overall damping histogram.
I honestly never got enough from the Motec histograms to overrule my "feeling on the track". My theoretical thoughts somehow didn't really apply to better feeling of the car or faster pace.
But good luck and maybe report back when your nerd level reached a satisfying stage. :)

View attachment 284919

You know I meant to get back to you weeks ago and completely forgot

The information your looking for is in the hdv.file, obviously with S397 all those files are locked away but for the older cars it can be accessed, the lines your looking for are these I believe

BumpStage2=0.068757
ReboundStage2=-0.074046

My personal opinion having worked with them is I wouldn't bother, you will end up with 2 speeds for bump and rebound, then you have to separate the channels, just put your dampers into barline and learn to tune by shape using the standard method, the result is exactly the same, I've messed about with bloody dampers for years and I can just sit down and tune them without even looking at numbers now, takes a little while to learn but it's far easier

You know I meant to get back to you weeks ago and completely forgot

The information your looking for is in the hdv.file, obviously with S397 all those files are locked away but for the older cars it can be accessed, the lines your looking for are these I believe

BumpStage2=0.068757
ReboundStage2=-0.074046

My personal opinion having worked with them is I wouldn't bother, you will end up with 2 speeds for bump and rebound, then you have to separate the channels, just put your dampers into barline and learn to tune by shape using the standard method, the result is exactly the same, I've messed about with bloody dampers for years and I can just sit down and tune them without even looking at numbers now, takes a little while to learn but it's far easier
Did you find out which are the right Hi/Lo threshold for Assetto Corsa?
Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 72 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years