Hi, i'm new

Hello,

I just purchased race 07 through steam together with the STCC expansion pack. I also have a copy of WTCC 2010 thanks to RD :D

I have never played any of these so i would like some advice from you guys.

Are there any must-have mods i should install? Things like camera mods or hd graphics/lighting mods?
Are there any recommended settings for a steering wheel? I'm using a Logitech Driving Force GT btw.
Anything else i should know?

Thank you!

'Must have' mods tend to depend on what kind of cars you like. There are plenty to choose from here, and you can see from the number of downloads which ones are the most popular.

Graphics-wise, I don't really think there is anything... not that the game looks bad anyway, given it's age. There was a mod around which added bloom and modified the lighting a bit, but personally I though it looked pretty rubbish. It also prevented ALT+TAB'ing, something I do a lot.

There are a number of threads which discuss various wheel settings, but I think it comes down to personal preference more than anything else. I tried a number of downloaded profiles and didn't like any of them, so ended up spending some time making my own. I also use a DFGT so I can upload it for you to try if you like. It may not suit you but it might be a good base to work from.

Spuddy0108 said:
Anything else i should know?

Yes there is. The application form to get your free RaceDepartment license can be found here, and you can sign up for club races here. :wink:

Thanks Ross. About the steering wheel. I had some problems setting it up. The DFGT does not seem to be in the list of supported wheels so i created a new profile but that didn't work out too well. If you could send me yours it would be much appreciated.

The DFGT doesn't get detected properly by the game, but don't worry. It works fine once you have it set up. You can get my DFGT profile below. With a bit of luck you'll find it perfect and not have to waste time tweaking. :wink:

DFGT Profile

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years