Heusinkveld sprint rumble pedal mod

Hello all,

I have recently upgraded my rig from Fanatec V3 pedals to the wonderful Heusinkveld sprints. I must say I am extremely happy with the upgrade, the only feature that I found myself missing was the integrated rumble motors that were included on the V3 pedal and brake. I was a huge fan of this functionality for detecting brake lockups and wheel slip. I then recalled seeing AMstudio (youtube channel dedicated to sim racing mods) create a rumble mod for a set of G920 pedals. I figured this same technique could be used for my new HE pedals. I have just finished setting everything up and I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I figured I would share my experience with the community for anyone interested in doing the same.

Credit: AMstudio (I highly recommend checking out his channel if you have not heard of him. Plenty of great ideas!)
Video where I got the idea: G920 Rumble Pedals

I have recently started working with Fusion360 to make small one off part mods for my sim rig. This was my first venture into making an entire project box and all related mounting hardware for this project. I ended up using the following hardware / software.

- 2 x xbox 360 rumble motors (Removed from old controllers I had).
- 22awg wire of various color for easy identification.
- 1 x Arduino UNO R3.
- 1 x Arduino motor shield v2.
- DC Power Female Socket with Lock Washer.
- 12v AC power cable.
- Soldering iron.
- Various lengths and sizes of heat shrink.
- Heat gun.
- USB A cable.

After I had everything wired and mounted to my satisfaction I used the built in Arduino tool within Simhub to write a sketch. I then proceed to setup the same shakeit profile that I had used previously with my Fanatec V3's. So far everything is working great. Curious to see if anyone has completed a similar mod, previously I had seen use of speakers to achieve what I assume is a similar response. I decided to go this route however as I had a lot of the hardware and all said and done cost me about $50/usd. Thanks for any feedback! Please keep in mind this is my first full 3d model / print implementation so I understand it's not perfect :).

Control_board.jpgRumble_motor_and_mounts.jpgEnclosure.jpgRig_mount_1.jpgRig_mount)2.jpg

I imagine you guys moved forward on this but I just recently got hold of a set of used Sprint pedals and found this thread. Really good! I have been lurking a while and finally decided to buy the TT25 puks, also made a very basic 3D printed support mixing the best designs I could find online (copyright to the original authors) which I found quite good as it's using the connection hexagon of the pedals. Here below the drawing, if anyone interested I can share the STL. One for brakes and one for Throttle obviously.
1637478970523.png

Upvote 0
New to tactiles.
Questions: One of the nosound amps 2.0ch is sufficient to power two transducers? Looking for front wheel lock up and loss of rear traction feedback. I have Heusinkveld Ultimates. I have clamps on the Brake pedal so it slides left and right. Should I go two DAEX32EP-4 or two TT25 pucks. I'm leaning more towards two DAEX32EP-4 for compactness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New to tactiles.
Questions: One of the nosound amps 2.0ch is sufficient to power two transducers? Looking for front wheel lock up and loss of rear traction feedback. I have Heusinkveld Ultimates. I have clamps on the Brake pedal so it slides left and right. Should I go two DAEX32EP-4 or two TT25 pucks. I'm leaning more towards two DAEX32EP-4 for compactness.
Its best to use the Simagic P2000 Haptic setup and 3d print some mounts for the pedals, plug and play with Simhub

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 0
New to tactiles.
I been using these Nobsound 01G, they work really well, I use them on these haptics I made, works standalone, but best to use the P2000 kit and get some mounts made, inside the Simagic Discord server some guys working on the mounts for other pedals and sharing the files, yesterday I 3d modelled some mounts and printed them for my playseat, plenty of power for these.
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0295.jpeg
IMG_0092.jpeg
IMG_0083.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@CC

I saw this mod on a FB HE owner group. For one simagic hapric costs $120aud. So I was thinking of getting the Daytons which are 2 for $85aud. If the simagics are better, might have get them instead.

What is the name of these plugs (red square) so I can buy some hopefully in Australia?
Screenshot_20231119_222935_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@CC

I saw this mod on a FB HE owner group. For one simagic hapric costs $120aud. So I was thinking of getting the Daytons which are 2 for $85aud. If the simagics are better, might have get them instead.

What is the name of these plugs (red square) so I can buy some hopefully in Australia?
View attachment 708347
Hey, this is just a DC power connector female, its a 5.5mm OD with a 2.1mm ID,
with these you can just connect them to say an amp, I did it this way because I already own the P1000 pedals with 3x motors on them the haptics, I have one on my Simlab handbrake and one on my fanatec clubsport shifter and now playing around with mounting some to my frame, the Nobsound 01g are like 100w, 50w per channel but on the amp I run them 100% volume then control it all through the Simhub software the master volume then each channel effects all here, I dont think anything is above 50-55% volume on the effects so its plenty really tbh, but yes probably some cheaper options these are quite expensive like 70$ each roughly the Simagic ones so with the P2000 kit probably be 225+$ for the full set, on Etsy you probably get a set for less than half of this or build your own.

Upvote 0
Hey, this is just a DC power connector female, its a 5.5mm OD with a 2.1mm ID,
with these you can just connect them to say an amp, I did it this way because I already own the P1000 pedals with 3x motors on them the haptics, I have one on my Simlab handbrake and one on my fanatec clubsport shifter and now playing around with mounting some to my frame, the Nobsound 01g are like 100w, 50w per channel but on the amp I run them 100% volume then control it all through the Simhub software the master volume then each channel effects all here, I dont think anything is above 50-55% volume on the effects so its plenty really tbh, but yes probably some cheaper options these are quite expensive like 70$ each roughly the Simagic ones so with the P2000 kit probably be 225+$ for the full set, on Etsy you probably get a set for less than half of this or build your own.
@CC

Thanks for the reply. Did you post links to the .stl files in this thread?

I just purchased the nobsound amp off Aliexpress and one simagic reactor as I'll get another later.

I did have the Sim3d rumble kit on order and knew of the production delay. I waited 6+ weeks as advised. I grew impatient with no updates of an ETA from them. So I asked for a refund and they were quick to send the refund. My guess that they're backlogged more than 2+ months.

Hope this gives me cues to not lock the brakes in the iRacing Ferrari 488GTE and other cars even with ABS.

Upvote 0
@CC

Thanks for the reply. Did you post links to the .stl files in this thread?

I just purchased the nobsound amp off Aliexpress and one simagic reactor as I'll get another later.

I did have the Sim3d rumble kit on order and knew of the production delay. I waited 6+ weeks as advised. I grew impatient with no updates of an ETA from them. So I asked for a refund and they were quick to send the refund. My guess that they're backlogged more than 2+ months.

Hope this gives me cues to not lock the brakes in the iRacing Ferrari 488GTE and other cars even with ABS.
Mine I have already from Simagic on the P1000 all integrated my other parts I made like specific for my playseat and handrake stuff but guys are making them for there Ultimates and Sprints I noticed in the Simagic Discord server, quite active making things it seems

Upvote 0
When you go for the DAEX32EP-4 be carefull not to "fry" them with overpower.

They work ok for brake / slip feedback on the pedals, but can´t take the Simhub test signal!!
I learned that the hard way ( by "frying" all of mine) and then swaped to larger transducers.

These days a BST-2 does brake slip/ lock up on my brake pedal and an Aurasound does the resr on the footplate.
The BST-2 has been ziptied to the Heusinkveld and I will build some aluminium angel strips to mount it properly any time soon ( It´s been a year and a half, I think :()

Upvote 1

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back