Heusinkveld Sprint pedals occasionally stops responding mid race !

I got my new Heusinkveld Sprint pedals a couple of weeks ago and they are amazing! I almost exclusively race Assetto Corsa Competizione. However, twice they have started to act up mid race! Either you get stuck in full throttle or they do not respond at all and same with the breaks. If you wait a few seconds they respond again for a second and then they act up again!? It is like they get stuck in on/off loop. Anyone have the same issue or suggestion on what is happening?

This also happened to me three times in Assetto Corsa in only 5 days of using the pedals. The pedals seems to get stuck to the last known position and does not respond to any more inputs. Using Alt-Tab to go into the SmartControl software shows that the pedals do not register any values. The only solution to recover from this is to unplug and replug the USB cable either on the pedal or computer end. The problem happened using two different USB ports (both were used in the past for Logitech wheel/pedals and I had no problems dropping connection).

@Enzo Fazzi I will be sending an email out to you guys as well in case you want to post an update/solution to help other people that may have similar issue

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. I've tried different ports, tried a new cable as well, strange thing is that the throttle and clutch seem to be ok. Cant seem to figure out what the issue is. I have mailed support and hope to hear from them soon. @Yiannis Christodoulou did you figure out what the problem was in the end?

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. I've tried different ports, tried a new cable as well, strange thing is that the throttle and clutch seem to be ok. Cant seem to figure out what the issue is. I have mailed support and hope to hear from them soon. @Yiannis Christodoulou did you figure out what the problem was in the end?
I haven't seen an email come in about this.
Are you using a USB hub?

Upvote 0
@jakburn2029 not a daft question but yes I normally uncheck this and its showing in device manager. The other pedals seem to work ok. e.g when using SmartHub the graph for the throttle and clutch respond properly so a smooth line when applying foot pressure but the brake signal is erratic and stops and starts sometimes does the opposite so when you take your foot off the pedal the graph shoots up so its something else. Hopefully, Enzo can help out when they find the email and video link I sent :)

Upvote 0
Could it be an issue with EMIs? Have you tried using your pedals for a while with all the rest of your deviced disconnected, or even better, in a different computer?

Upvote 0
All sorted! Yes pedals are rock solid and built well, my issue was a fault and is being fixed
I take mine from box like 16 months back and not even change any rubbers or nothing,
still feel like when I take them out the box,
like I say they dont dust themselves lol hard life!

hope you get racing again soon!

Upvote 0
What was your issue? Having a clutch and brake stop working on my HE pros over the last two weeks. Brake is still working. Swapped USB cables, usb ports, rj45 jacks and nothing is working.
I had the HE Sprint not Pro but its a suspected USB connection best you contact support. I only posted here because a technical glitch meant all my emails were being blocked and sent to spam. They are very good at responding

Upvote 0
I have had my pedals for just a couple of weeks and mines started doing this aswell in Dirt 2.0 and ACC.

Heusinkveld came up with a solution very quickly which I am so grateful for.
But now my thtottle pedal has gotten ripped out of the docket connector im not sure if it Rj12 or Rj11 but I've reached out to G performance and Heusinkveld to find out what possible options there might be. Im so heartbroken about my sprints man I dont know how long I will be out of commission.

Attachments

• 20200815_114515.jpg
    20200815_114515.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline