Heusinkveld Sim Shifter - Very Short Impressions

My Heusinkveld Sim Shifter arrived today and I'm extremely excited. This is probably the highest quality sim racing peripheral that I've used. The only shifter I have previous experience with is the G27 shifter with virgi_pozu's sequential shifter mod.

In terms of real life experience, my daily driver has a "manu-matic" sequential, but I don't know how that compares to a true sequential.
SP4A7FM.jpg

Long story short...
The Heusinkveld feels AWESOME! The shifts are very crisp and mechanical. It doesn't feel like your just pushing against a spring or rubber band. There's a nice deep thud, but it's still quiet. I love that.

The resistance isn't adjustable so you'll want a stable desk or mount. I get some shaking with my IKEA Galant against the wall, but it's not too distracting.

Of course I don't have much to compare it to, but I'd swap this for the "sequential" in my car in a heartbeat.

Photos
Unboxing begins. :)
UuhQkkQ.jpg

Construction is pure quality. Feels very heavy and solid.
wZDxWb2.jpg

Lever Comparison. Next to shifter extensions: M10 and M12.
Pf7oW9M.jpg

Shift Knob Comparison. Next to the standard aftermarket eBay shift knob.
gTwqos0.jpg

Testing aftermarket shift knob and extensions (Its not the right size, just for testing purposes. The stock thread pitch is M10x1.5 fyi). I'll probably end up changing the lever and knob, for aesthetic purposes. The stock lever and long knob feel very solid right out of the box though.
Fv09PDU.jpg

This will be my setup for now. I was scared this knob would be too thin, but it feels nice. I'll probably still replace it with a nicer looking knob later.
AQJ4sNm.jpg

Installed on the "rig".
qZS5xFC.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years