Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The esthetics of the sprint pedals is so much better than the previous version! I really wanted a set of the Sprints, but after buying a couple sets of tires & Enkei rims for autocross, my remaining budget only stretched to the Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC.

Upvote 0
Paul ..there is one thing you forgot to mention ..Heusinkveld have the BEST after sales service.nothing is EVER a problem, they always answer any email to them in 1 or 2 days:)

Upvote 0
is 60Kg the maximum force these pedals goto?
my current loadcell takes upto 80Kg which i find brilliant at simulating f1 type brake force
edit: just read the brochure and these bad boys can take 120Kg...now they are top of my wanted list :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really nice little article and interview there Paul and an easy-to-understand explanation from Niels with regards the features and benefits. :thumbsup:

I absolutely love my Pros though and have them calibrated perfectly for me. I'm already blown away by the quality so it will be hard to justify upgrading but 'if I had a pound' for every time I've said that over the past 12-months of getting in to this brilliant hobby.....! :D

Upvote 0
nothing for socks simmers. :D
I'm not a dedicated sock simmer, but occasionally (mostly when I don't have that much time) I do drive without shoes, even barefoot.
Perfectly possible with the HE Pro's and even the HE Ultimates that I use now.
They are so well finished that there is no risk for injury.

And btw, though the Sprints have a great new look, I still prefer the more industrial finish of my Ultimates.
I also agree that the guys from HE are great to deal with, quick responses and great support if ever needed. (I broke a clutch spring on the Pro's and one day after I mailed them I got two replacement springs and some other spare parts) :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I had a vague memory of talking to Paul at the expo, turns out I did! :)

Brett, the loadcell rating is not the same as the actual force you apply to the pedal. Foot force maxes out at 65kg, the loadcell is then loaded with about 120kg. This is probably true for most pedals, unless you really directly press on a loadcell without force leverage.

We're working very hard to make it before the year ends. It is very likely which means not quite 100%...

You can best see them as an evolution of the Pro pedals where everything is taken up a notch or two. Each pedal performs better and if you set them so, requires more force. But in the softest setting the pedals are 'easier' than the Pro's at their softest setting.

They are more compact and efficient from the use of materials to assembly to warehouse space, so we could upgrade the looks without upping the price.

The software is truly new and very useful when you're taming a specific sim car and wish to change throttle response or brake sensitivity near lockup etc.

There are multiple brake rubbers supplied so you can go between about 1/5th of the travel in the video to about 1.5 times the travel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 97 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 50 6.4%
  • < 5 years