Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The HE website has posted some news about availability. In short: "There will be stock again soon (not clear it that means days, weeks or months), but we are not telling you when. Good luck."

Upvote 0
The HE website has posted some news about availability. In short: "There will be stock again soon (not clear it that means days, weeks or months), but we are not telling you when. Good luck."

It's not looking that promising at the moment. I can remember reading their news page back in January when they predicted having consistent stock by February.

On the flip side, I am pleased that they are facing so much demand for their products. Neils seems a great guy and this at least means Heusinkveld will continue to prosper as they move forward which is much deserved.

Upvote 0
It's over. I don't know how much it lasted. Definitely I will write to them asking if they will EVER have stock of 2 pedals, because I have been waiting for this day for months, checking their website every day dozens of times, and now they only show stock for 3 pedals???

Upvote 0
Yesterday I made the order of heusinkveld sprint pedals in demon tweeks, I said that the deadline was 9 days to receive stock, and further down I said that it could be delayed until the beginning of April, today they sent me an email telling me this:

Thank you for your recent order.

We have obtained new information regarding delivery dates for your order ref: 7717025. Please see below

Customer Order number : DT3000005195

Item number : HEUHE-SPS3 SIM SPRINT PEDALS - 3 PEDAL SET

This part is now due into our stocks on or around: 08/05/2019

I think I will cancel the order and wait for them to have real stock on the official website of heusinkveld ...
Don't believe a word Demon-tweaks say, I ordered a sim labs cockpit and sprints mid december, it said in stock on the website, I emailed them after a week and they said they weren't in stock and said 11th january, that date changed and changed until i got my stuff end of february

Upvote 0
I have finally ordered my 2 pedal set this morning from Demon Tweeks. The lead time was 3 days. It was 4 days yesterday, and 5 days the day before, so it was a promissing countdown. At the time of placing my order the information was "in stock, ready for delivery", but who knows! Demon Tweeks answered my e-mail and told me that a reasonable date would be the end of April, but I have hope that I got my pedals before that. Also, the price is better than expected because of the disccount for the European delivery offer (18€ less). The final price including taxes and shipping is 591.54€.

Upvote 0
I have finally ordered my 2 pedal set this morning from Demon Tweeks. The lead time was 3 days. It was 4 days yesterday, and 5 days the day before, so it was a promissing countdown. At the time of placing my order the information was "in stock, ready for delivery", but who knows! Demon Tweeks answered my e-mail and told me that a reasonable date would be the end of April, but I have hope that I got my pedals before that. Also, the price is better than expected because of the disccount for the European delivery offer (18€ less). The final price including taxes and shipping is 591.54€.

Elaphe, on previous dealings with Demon Weeks, I learned that if they have stock in coming to satisfy orders already placed, their website shows this as available. Once it arrives it is despatched to the customers and the website then reverts to the standard lead time - frustrating but that's apparently how it works.

Upvote 0
That's funny. I ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago, and all I have is an email saying that the stock will be available about April 10th.
I can't understand why they don't respect the orders' chronology.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years