Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I finally decided to just order them through Demon Tweeks like many others have done. Now I just wait for them to arrive. They aren't in stock, but now I just wait for them to arrive. Heusinkveld is filling their orders with retailers before selling directly. So I'm in the queue and can just look forward to a shipping announcement when they get some more inventory.

I also ordered a 4 port USB 3.0 hub. It will only net me 3 additional ports, but I only need 2.

Dedicated port for Wheel base
Dedicated port for NLRv3 seat mover
Dedicated port for Sprint pedals
Hub for Button box, Sequential shifter and Hand brake

At some point if the Rift S is released, that should free up 3 USB ports and I won't need the hub anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why does Demon Tweeks have the prices in AUS$? Where are they from? Do they send to European countries at a reasonable cost?

When I ordered I saw USD. I think their website simply pulls location information from your browser and shows you the appropriate currency. That's actually a very nice feature. If you order with ppal and it does currency conversion, you always lose a few percent over the current exchange rate.

Upvote 0
When I ordered I saw USD. I think their website simply pulls location information from your browser and shows you the appropriate currency. That's actually a very nice feature. If you order with ppal and it does currency conversion, you always lose a few percent over the current exchange rate.
Or get a revolut card and pay spot

Upvote 0
Lead time: 14 days. I don't know if it's worth the wait or keep on reloading the HE website all the time.

When I ordered it said lead time 3 days, so if I really got in line last Friday and there are pedals with my name on them coming in the next couple days and if they pulled the hand brake and sequential shifter that were in stock aside for me, I should have something that ships very shortly. Fingers crossed!

Upvote 0
Well, I read 10 days for 3 pedals and 14 days for 2 pedals (which is the set I'm interested in). However, below you can read that the lead times will be longer than the stated and that nothing will be shipped before April.

Upvote 0
The information on Demon Tweeks for the 3-pedal set has changed from "Available for dispatch in 10 days" to "Available for dispatch in 8 days". Maybe that can be trusted as a countdown for the next available batch on the HE webpage?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't trust the dispatch days in the Demon Tweeks website, I ordered mine on 29 January and got them shipped on Febraury 16 and it said "Available for dispatch in 2 days".

On the other hand, is kind of the only way to get a set as for now, maybe next month Heusinkveld can start to have stock and fullfill the orders as they go, but now, it is kind of impossible...

I still didn't get mine, I'm in Uruguay and got them stuck in customs and still haven't reach my hands.

Oh well, I guess they worth the wait :(

Upvote 0
Yesterday I made the order of heusinkveld sprint pedals in demon tweeks, I said that the deadline was 9 days to receive stock, and further down I said that it could be delayed until the beginning of April, today they sent me an email telling me this:

Thank you for your recent order.

We have obtained new information regarding delivery dates for your order ref: 7717025. Please see below

Customer Order number : DT3000005195

Item number : HEUHE-SPS3 SIM SPRINT PEDALS - 3 PEDAL SET

This part is now due into our stocks on or around: 08/05/2019

I think I will cancel the order and wait for them to have real stock on the official website of heusinkveld ...

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back