Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Was just wondering if this is recommended for this application or not. Might be some circumstances I am not aware of.
Thanks!

I think that this is a pretty obvious application. Just use Blue and not Red Loctite and you should be fine. Also make sure to clean the threads first. If that somehow backs out and I would be surprised if it did, you could use Red. Just be aware it may require heat to free a bolt with Red.

Scratch that I think if Blue came loose I would try Orange. It's supposed to be good for heavy duty applications with vibrations, but can still be removed with hand tools.

Do you think this is the product of a transducer?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think that this is a pretty obvious application. Just use Blue and not Red Loctite and you should be fine. Also make sure to clean the threads first. If that somehow backs out and I would be surprised if it did, you could use Red. Just be aware it may require heat to free a bolt with Red.

Scratch that I think if Blue came loose I would try Orange. It's supposed to be good for heavy duty applications with vibrations, but can still be removed with hand tools.

Do you think this is the product of a transducer?
I would think the lighter variant than blue should do the trick. Is it pink? can't seem to remember.

I also thought about the transducer being the culprit, but why is the throttle pedal assy unaffected? I suspect it is just me stomping on the pedal pretty hard. Or the threads are less "grippy" than on the other pedal and it is just pure chance. :whistling:

Upvote 0
I would think the lighter variant than blue should do the trick. Is it pink? can't seem to remember.

I also thought about the transducer being the culprit, but why is the throttle pedal assy unaffected? I suspect it is just me stomping on the pedal pretty hard. Or the threads are less "grippy" than on the other pedal and it is just pure chance. :whistling:
I think blue is the most common one I have seen used on all sorts of various hardware seems almost industry standard

Upvote 0
I agree stick with Blue.

I've used Blue for years with RC Helicopters. It holds well and it easy to break. I've even used it on my Hoist Weight system.

There is no downside I can think of. I've never used pink, but you don't need anything weaker than blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
I agree stick with Blue.

I've used Blue for years with RC Helicopters. It holds well and it easy to break. I've even used it on my Hoist Weight system.

There is no downside I can think of. I've never used pink, but you don't need anything weaker than blue.
Yes I never used pink either well to be fair blue works perfect so never questioned or wondered about using another solution

Upvote 0
Something not often talked about but I have found really awesome is just how adjustable these are. Just by looking at them you wouldn't realize it, but they are ridiculously versatile

it's nice to know that pretty much whatever i choose to do with my rig, i can get the pedals to feel right.

Also, out of the box the load cell is incredibly consistent, i had to do a lot of tweaking with the V3s and the brake performance kit to be able to comfortable trail brake, and i was doing it yesterday in ACC without thinking about it.

Upvote 0
Shoes work well. My driving shoes have excellent traction so that this isn't an issue.

Grip tape would be adhesive side down to the pedal surface. If anything, the grip tape would protect the pedal face from wear. What it might wear out is the bottom of your shoe.

Below I have adhesive back neoprene on my clutch pedal so the ball of my foot doesn't bend backwards uncomfortably. The clutch pedal face no longer touches my shoe, so the face shouldn't wear out.

View attachment 386071
Can you show more how you mounted the HE sprint upsidedown?
Want to do it myself also.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like their solution and I'm sure it will work well for many people. I wouldn't replace what I have though because of the additional flexibility it gives me.
Not sure why people like the inverted kits tbh unless you are only driving road cars which I rarely do
But it’s not a GT or Formula setup

Upvote 0
Not sure why people like the inverted kits tbh unless you are only driving road cars which I rarely do
But it’s not a GT or Formula setup
I actually agree with you. I would say that unless you have an issue, don't mess with it.

What I ran into was that I could not for the life of me get the throttle pedal to work floor mounted. I shortened the travel. I tried a heel stop, I tried different pedal deck heights, but my heel was always sliding and catching on the foot plate making it hard to get smooth power delivery coming off trail braking.

I initially created a solution that only inverted the throttle and that would have actually been fine, but then I decided it looks wonky and I inverted the rest of the pedals. The brake works well inverted, but I wouldn't say it's better. The clutch has been a real PITA to get to feel right since I inverted it and at times has been very uncomfortable.

With pedals floor mounted they are much easier to get to work well. I've found the geometry needs to be changed for the throttle and clutch pedals when inverting them to make them feel right.

Upvote 0
I actually agree with you. I would say that unless you have an issue, don't mess with it.

What I ran into was that I could not for the life of me get the throttle pedal to work floor mounted. I shortened the travel. I tried a heel stop, I tried different pedal deck heights, but my heel was always sliding and catching on the foot plate making it hard to get smooth power delivery coming off trail braking.

I initially created a solution that only inverted the throttle and that would have actually been fine, but then I decided it looks wonky and I inverted the rest of the pedals. The brake works well inverted, but I wouldn't say it's better. The clutch has been a real PITA to get to feel right since I inverted it and at times has been very uncomfortable.

With pedals floor mounted they are much easier to get to work well. I've found the geometry needs to be changed for the throttle and clutch pedals when inverting them to make them feel right.
Well I do have rather a interesting thing been developed currently has we speak tbh,
I was planning on waiting until I received the parts and tested it properly to make a mini review guide and parts list although not big but wanted to wait for the suppliers to bring the parts and check the quality,

To start with I was interested in upgrading my Sprints with some HRS Sprint pedal plates but they do seem rather expensive 179$ + shipping + import charges and such be easily around 200+ euros which be around 30% of the outlay of the actual pedals I imagine,
Then I was considering making them myself and getting them made 3rd party CNC which seems fair enough price wise just having the spare few hrs to design the CAD,

Last week had a awesome breakthough with it I already ordered all the Tilton pedal plates the price is unbeatable,
So essentially I ordered these Tilton pedal face replacements
2X Thottle ones these are the same as the clucth also the more thinner ones so ordered 2x of these
1X Brake so 3 parts in total Official Tilton ones with the grip pads to be fair there pretty sick,

So basically you need 2 parts 1 Brake 1 Throttle if you have 3 pedals you need 2 Throttle 1 Brake,

If you have a 3DPrinter which I dont you can make your own mounts

So download this mod above and either 3DPrint them or contact 3DRap earlier today I spoke with Antonio from 3DRap for only 2x parts 3D Printing they want 34 euros which covers + Tax + Postage again to be fair the postage is probably more than the actual printed parts themselves,
but I want mine making CNC + 3 pieces so will be more expensive but waiting to hear back from Antonio,

But for example if you live central Europe you could buy 2x Tiltons + the 3D printed parts from 3DRap you be looking around 75/80 euros all in 3 pedals set maybe around 100-110 which is twice cheaper than anywhere else, like I say I was waiting until I build mine then use them a few weeks then was going to make a guide/review with some feedback,

I did contact 3Drap on monday I believe they said wait upto 24hrs for a response with a price I almost was going to look somewhere else but today they did get back to me with a price,
exciting to build it and test it all out,

I wished HE would use these Tilton directly if they bought in bulk I imagine get a good deal,
either way with socks the Sprint ones are deadly just so slippy.

Sorry for the boring story

Upvote 0
I just got those pedals. For the US it actually wasn't too bad since their price is in AUD $ not US $, so the end price wasn't bad.

View attachment 465939
Yes we wanted the black ones they do look the best if they was in stock most likely would have made the purchase but either way regardless of money if you take this away completely I still would rather have the official Tilton ones with the grip pads

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back