Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We talk to Niels Heusinkveld and try out the soon to be released Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint.

Catching up with Niels Heusinkveld at the recent very busy Sim Racing Expo over in Germany, we took the opportunity to quiz the man behind Heusinkveld Engineering about his newly announced Sim Pedals Sprint set of high end sim racing pedals. With Niels in a buoyant mood following what appeared to be a largely very positive reception to the new hardware, we took the opportunity to question him about the features and improvements of the new gear, learning plenty about how some dramatic software features and production improvements have moved the product range on from the already very impressive offerings of HE Engineering.

Not content with merely taking Niels at his word, we also couldn't quite resist the chance to get strapped into the cockpit and have a go ourselves, recording a short but sweet talk and drive segment as we give our first impressions based on the limited time we had with these brand new set of pedals.

Frankly, I was very impressed, although it is exceptionally hard to gather any serious kind of feel with something like a high end set of pedals with such a short period of time behind the wheel... not helped any by a crowd of people watching on, and a camera and microphone in my face!

However, with that said I'm going to be lucky enough to take receipt of a review set of these pedals in the very near future, so please consider this more of a taster video, with a much more in depth and detailed look at the HE Sim Pedals Sprint set to appear on our various social media channels in the near future. So stay tuned, get subscribed and watch out for some new footage in the (hopefully) coming weeks...

Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Sprint Talk n Drive.jpg

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of these SIMTAG had stock and arrived one day after i ordered from Belguim to UK.
Took a bit of tweaking and drilling to fit to my original sim lab base plate and used the heel rest from my now old Fanatec Csl elite load cell which really helped bring my feet up to the height of the pedals.
Had a short stint last night after all the tinkering and really impressed and pleased with the upgrade. Having better Throttle modulation making a huge difference. Software is nice and easy to set up aswell.

Upvote 0
I absolutely love my Sprints but my clutch pedal has started squeaking. I've tried putting lithium grease in the points mentioned in the manual but it only helped for an hour or so and then it was back to squeaking!

Anyone else had this or got some suggestions for what it might be? Maybe I just need some different grease, or to take the pedal apart and put it back together in case a washer is rubbing somewhere?

Upvote 0
Finally pulled the trigger on a set of these SIMTAG had stock and arrived one day after i ordered from Belguim to UK.
Took a bit of tweaking and drilling to fit to my original sim lab base plate and used the heel rest from my now old Fanatec Csl elite load cell which really helped bring my feet up to the height of the pedals.
Had a short stint last night after all the tinkering and really impressed and pleased with the upgrade. Having better Throttle modulation making a huge difference. Software is nice and easy to set up aswell.

Can you kindly post or PM some photos of how you mount the Simtag pedals to the Sim-Lab rig? I'm waiting for mine to arrive but would like to start planning how to mount it onto the rig. Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
Do you have to drill holes to K2's pedal plate if you install these?(with H's mounting plate)? Of course new K2R's has now different, more adjustable alum.profile/sliding mount bars system(that could be availeble later for older K2's too).

Upvote 0
Can you kindly post or PM some photos of how you mount the Simtag pedals to the Sim-Lab rig? I'm waiting for mine to arrive but would like to start planning how to mount it onto the rig. Thanks in advance!
I already had a sim lab pedal plate on sparco sliders which i had to drill slots into to line up with the sprint pedals.
I then drilled couple more holes and used my old fanatec csl elite heel rest. Bit of improvisation but all very sturdy and comfortable.

Attachments

• 20200719_195817.jpg
    20200719_195817.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 218
Upvote 0
Just to reinforce whats is already well known about Heusinkveld I would like to say that i wish other companies had this level of customer service.
I had an issue with my newly purchased brake pedal and with no hesitation upon contacting their support team i had the pedal replaced within days.
Thanks to them and another example of why this community should support and buy Heusinkveld products. :)

Upvote 0
@Enzo Fazzi I recommended sprints to my friend - who has fitted two pedals, brake and accelerator.

His smartcontrol software can see the pedals but will not save any changes to the pedal memory for profiles. It's just like the 'save button' doesn't work. Are we doing something wrong ?

(I've a three pedal set which are working fine)

Upvote 0
@Enzo Fazzi I recommended sprints to my friend - who has fitted two pedals, brake and accelerator.

His smartcontrol software can see the pedals but will not save any changes to the pedal memory for profiles. It's just like the 'save button' doesn't work. Are we doing something wrong ?

(I've a three pedal set which are working fine)
Hey, are you sure it does not save them? Could you try saving some settings that are easily recognizable in a sim, such as limiting the throttle to 80% output?

Upvote 0
Ignore this, all sorted now thankyou,

(Patience Young Padawan)

Hello Peeps,

Has anyone Emailed Heusinkveld? what's there response time?

I've contacted them about an order pending and don't want to miss out.

Cheesy Peas

J

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Enzo Fazzi Pretty much certain. Each time he loads it up the settings are as they were - I'll get him to drop in and confirm. He said it's actually like the save button just doesn't 'click' ie it's not a valid action.

Sounds like it isn't recognizing the pedals completely.

I would first make sure that it had a dedicated USB port on the computer rather than a hub just to be safe.
Then I would try swapping out the USB cable.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I pulled the Rj cable of the throttle out of the plug from the board of the break inorder to adjust some throttle settings (throttle pedal distance). After putting the rj cable back, the throttle stopped working, the clutch and the break still work though. Did anybody have a similar problem and could help me?

Upvote 0
Other then reseating it, I don't have any additional advice.

I have extension cables on mine now ( not officially supported ) I have had to reseat them a couple times. I need to use something to hold them together better.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 258 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years