Heusinkveld Sequential Shifter

IMG_20190228_083041.jpg

I took delivery of this very nice shifter and absolutely love it.
I've adjusted it by taking off the rubber caps, loosening the retention nuts, then tightening the adjusting screws.
When you adjust to create a shorter throw, it tightens to where it's hard to shift.
Is there anyway to tighten up the throw distance and retain light shift tension?

Last edited:
No, but you can try different combinations of the provided shafts and knobs or even other aftermarket knobs until you find a good balance. There are some aluminium knobs on ebay which feel much better and are not expensive.

Upvote 0
I like the Heuskinveld a lot, I was staggered it arrived in 4 days.
4 days from Groningen Netherlands to Chattanooga Tennessee.
I think I've sorted it, I installed the longer of the three shafts it came with. Shifts are now easy and tight.
I did look at Aiologs before Heuskinveld it is nice, cheaper, looks better but it's base was a bit to bulky for me.

Upvote 0
You can't adjust the physical travel of the throw. You also have a very small window of adjustment in the amount of tension you can have in the shifts. Too loose and it wobbles, too tight and it gets stuck after a shift.

Like mentioned already, using the different shafts and levers can make a pretty big difference in the feel. I've tried multiple times to adjust the shifting tension, stubbornly, forgetting that there is not much room to move and still have the shifter functional.

Upvote 0
You can't adjust the physical travel of the throw. You also have a very small window of adjustment in the amount of tension you can have in the shifts. Too loose and it wobbles, too tight and it gets stuck after a shift.

Like mentioned already, using the different shafts and levers can make a pretty big difference in the feel. I've tried multiple times to adjust the shifting tension, stubbornly, forgetting that there is not much room to move and still have the shifter functional.

Yes I noticed even a quarter turn barely moving it makes it tighten up quickly. I like the tight feel on upshift (much easier to pull back) but downshifting while tight is quite a workout over an endurance race.
I've now got the longest straight shaft installed with the tall knob and just deal with the extra throw. It's not terrible, just wish it was a bit tighter in the throw with easy gear changes.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years