Heusinkveld Pedals: Ultimate or Sprint?

I'm having issues with my new Fanatec V3 inverted pedals, and have decided to replace them with Heusinkveld. I'm happy with the physical construction of the Fanatec pedals, but not the reliability.

How do the Ultimate and Sprint place in relation to the build construction of the Fanatec's?

Both are very solid. The Sprints are a newer design and have a feature that I've come to appreciate that allows you to map curves to the pedals. They are both very configurable in terms of travel, position, pressure required. The Ultimate's are an older design and do not support the new software that allows you to map curves.

The Ultimate's main feature is if you need 300 lbs of pressure on the brakes to simulate a real race car. They also have hydraulic dampers, but I would highly recommend the Sprint Pedals unless you absolutely need very high pressure.

If it matters money wasn't an issue for me. I would have gotten the Ultimates if I thought there was more value in them. For me the software mapping the Sprints have was a key feature. However the Sprint pedals are also a newer design and are supposed to be EMI issue free, safe for transducers and designed with a very long lifespan.

Heusinkveld stands behind their products very well, so I almost wouldn't worry about any lifespan issue with their products, but my feeling was that the Sprint Pedals were more advanced and a better product. The Ultimate pedals need a refresh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have the Ultimates, and used Fanatec CS v1 before that.

I got used to the resistance of the Ultis very quickly and consider this a great update, more so than my DD wheel. I had to build a solid lock between chain and pedals. Of particular interest was not so much the pedals sliding forward, but the pedal's base tilting. There are some heavy leaver forces going on there.

I never tried the sprint pedals, just saying the Ultimates are not out of league for hobbyists. I think I have all the pedals on their medium resistance now, I did not have to minimize the setting.

Upvote 0
I have the ultimates and the sprints. I got the sprints for the kids so I dont have a lot of time with them myself but I have given them a go.

I am very happy with the ultimates, I dont use the clutch too much but on both they have a good feel. The HE's are configurable and the sprints feel like many road cars.

I prefer the heavier feel of the the accellerator on the ultimates while the sprints are nice the ultimates are better for me.

One reason I wanted the sprints for the kids is for the software. They are different ages/strengths and I thought the software would make a really easy way to change profile for them when they swap without having to recalibrate in game.

For myself, I dont know that the software would be of much use to me but who knows, I have not put my mind to what it could be used for. It's also pretty easy to use software to change profiles in the games as well so I see other ways to do the same thing with the ultimates.

I was really curious about the brake. Mostly because it would tell you how much pressure you were using and I never know.. When I got the ultimates I got them because I knew I was a heavy braker and I didnt want to risk it with the pro's.

Turns out that was a good choice for me because I could press the 65kg on the sprints before I would get to my max braking. You would be happy with either but I am glad I use the ultimates.

Upvote 0
I recently upgraded my T3PA to Heusinkveld Sprint pedals and I totally love this upgrade. I am regular user, not an alien or guy who can recognize all details but Sprints provides everything what normal user need. If you have budget on Ultimates go for that but If you want perfect pedals for good price (still not cheap though) Sprint is my choice. Price difference is a bit big to be honest.

Upvote 0
Good choice. I am 6'2", strong and in a really stiff rig. At the end of the day, for me only the brake and >65kg would decide that I had to go ultimates, the others dont matter so much at all.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Ultimate is old flagship and is probably overkill for most users here.
Spring is redesigned new model, with some learned from in field use and users feedback improvements.
I've replaced V3 with HE Pro a while back, solid upgrade over Fanatec, comparing two is not even fair in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing