Heusinkveld handbrake wobnle, is this normal?

I've recorded a video of how my handbrake lever moves sideways. I don't know if it is faulty or this is a normal behaviour. The handbrake works well, but I wasn't expecting this from such a premium piece of hardware. I don't remember well, but I think my handbrake has always acted like this. I haven't used it for more than a few hours.

I'm sitting right in front of mine now and it doesn't seem to exhibit the same level of wobble as yours. Make sure you have tightened all the fasteners and spacers properly as there are lots of them depending how you have the handbrake configured. It seems as if there is a little too much tolerance there. If you're really concerned I would send the same video to Svend and Niels, or just link them this page. They will help you out for sure.

Upvote 0
I've been looking all the time in the wrong places. I thought the lateral movement was coming from the main axis with the golden washers or maybe the axis in front of it with the black washers. I've loosen them and then tightened them again without any result. Then I realized that the nut in horizontal position just above the elastomer was completely loose. I thought it was normal and that tightening that nut was for adding pressure to the elastomer, but hey! I wasn't right. As soon as I tightened that nut, the handbrake lever became totally firm. What a difference! Now it feels rock solid! Thank you very much for the idea.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years