Heusinkveld H-Shifter, not happening!

Gutted :(

I was hoping this was going to be the cheapest way of getting a top quality shifter without having to pay the eye watering prices of the admittedly awesome Quaife.

Upvote 0
2-3 years away.
It's not 2-3 years of full time R&D though :)
We have some other projects lined up that we find more important (expanding the company) and/or more interesting. We also don't want to release something we're not 100% happy with, which is one of the reasons why we didn't just started selling the prototype from 2 years ago.

Upvote 0
This is bad. Really was hoping for a HEshifter. Had my money ready... never byuing a css again so don't know of any decent alternatives within a reasonable budget.
I think they could have filled in a serious gap in the market. Instead they released a 1.5 generation of propedals (sprint) which seems imo unnecessary.
But probably completely wrong here as these sprintpedals are selling like crazy...

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Like older Pro wasn't out of stock most of the time with no real competition from anyone.

Upvote 0
Gutted :(

I was hoping this was going to be the cheapest way of getting a top quality shifter without having to pay the eye watering prices of the admittedly awesome Quaife.

But it is soooo worth it :)

That said I do have the Heusinkveld sequential shifter which works well and fits my chassis a lot easier if I want to leave it in place. I got it not knowing if I would use it and even removed it for a short while before I ran into Rallycross in iRacing where an h-pattern wasn't allowed and paddle shifters just do not work when you are drifting side ways. Since I added an aluminum shift knob to it, I really like how it feels.

Upvote 0
I'm sure we'll get it in time but, ya, looks like nothing for at-least a couple years

If you don't mind the price, I'd go Frex. It easily seems like the closest to shifters I used in open-wheel racecars.

Upvote 0
If you don't mind the price go Pro-Sim :)
Never tried it but it seems incredibly unrealistic and overrated. Sure it's built like a tank and may never break but "built like a tank" and "most expensive" doesn't mean most realistic :)

Actually, it looks almost laughably unrealistic in the Sim Racing Garage videos I've seen of it.

Upvote 0
Personally I think it feels great. I had the Fanatec CS 1.5 before it which didn't cut it for me mostly the center spring was not adjustable or strong enough for my taste. The Pro-Sim is completely adjustable and feels perfect.

But make fun of it if you want. The Frex looks like a toy to me and there is a reason Barry said that the Frex was the 2nd best feeling stick he had used. He uses the Pro-Sim personally for a reason.

It is expensive and is large in size, but it feels really good.

The reason I didn't get the Pro-Sim sequential shifter is because of it's size.

Upvote 0
You misspelled word sanity in that sentence.

BTW, Fanatec spring tension IS adjustable.

You can adjust how hard the CS 1.5 is to put it into gear, but you CAN NOT increase the CENTERING spring tension. It is fixed on the CS 1.5. For that reason it was easy to accidentally miss shift from 2nd to 5th with the CS 1.5. With the Pro-Sim there are two separate adjustments.

1. Effort to go into gear.
2. How hard the stick pulls to center.

So when I push up from 2nd to 3rd on the Pro-Sim, the spring tension makes it very obvious where the center ( 3rd / 4th ) is and you have to push or pull harder to get to 1st, 2nd and 5th, 6th.

Anyway this is a preference issue. If you are happy with the CS 1.5, why are you talking about the Heusinkveld h pattern ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%