Heusinkveld H-Pattern Shifter

HugoB

Premium
Been scouring the internet, but there is very little known about this mysterious beauty.. When can we expect to see it on the market? Has anyone tried it already?

My TH8A is slowly disintegrating and I wouldn’t want to pay twice (Fanatec, then HE)..

Or can anyone say if the Fanatec shifter is sooo much better then the TH8A and worth the upgrade in the meantime?

Cheers

I think I read that after the feedback at the show in 2017 they decided to redesign the whole shifter.

I have a Fanatec Clubsport shifter. It it fine and fairly rock solid, but I intend to “upgrade” to the HE h-shifter as soon as it is released. Did consider a Frex h-shifter, but it is too expensive.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, yes I've heard they are redesigning the whole shifter, it was on a news item on their site.. That was quite a while ago now, so I thought I'd throw up a ball to see how far they are now, also maybe they are reading here as well ;)

I understand they must have been and still are really busy with the launch of the Sprint pedals (I'm very happy with mine) but maybe they even have some spare capacity for us hungry H-Shifters ;)

Upvote 0
I look forward to this too. I have the Fanatec shifter and while it's good and better than probably anything in its price range, it's just so damn huge that I'd love to switch it out to something that goes with my HE handbrake and seq shifter. I'd love the ability to change shaft length also, as having a short shaft short throw shifter is something I'd REALLY love. I raced the Grand Prix Legends last night in AC, they have manual H pattern and clutch. It would be amazing to have my shifter feel like the one in that car and also have the ability to switch out the shaft. We already have a few with the seq shifter! Like how you can make the seq shifter feel like a V8 supercar one with the correct gear knob and also change everything out to feel like an old open wheel seq shifter with short bent lever.

Upvote 0
Definitely not inexpensive and definitely not a small footprint, and definitely not in stock, but if the wait, price and size don't scare you off, it feels wonderful :)

newHmount_4959.jpg

Upvote 0
It’s the H-pattern shifter from pro-sim.co.uk. I’ve been lusting after one of these...

I tortured myself for a few months and finally decided that I was going to end up with one eventually so I may as well enjoy it now and pulled the trigger. We all rationalize things in different ways :)

But Quaife does build real racing transmissions and you can tell this one feels right.

Upvote 0
Definitely not inexpensive and definitely not a small footprint, and definitely not in stock, but if the wait, price and size don't scare you off, it feels wonderful :)

View attachment 385283
I've been lucky enough to test this once, one thing worth mentioning imo is that it has really nice heavy feel (as I've been told it is basically the exact same gear linkage used on Catherham Sevens)... but if you live in a flat, your neighbours will hear and feel every shift too.

Upvote 0
I actually sold my CSS Fanatec shifter because the amount of times I actually drove H pattern cars was barely any in a distant memory. Since I do a lot of competitive stuff I am mainly in race bred cars, which the HE seq shifter and paddles almost always accommodate.

Upvote 0
I've been lucky enough to test this once, one thing worth mentioning imo is that it has really nice heavy feel (as I've been told it is basically the exact same gear linkage used on Catherham Sevens)... but if you live in a flat, your neighbours will hear and feel every shift too.
Its a caterham seven I am actually trying to replicate. But thats quite expensive from what I remember! Agree its a shame Heusinkveld have sidelined this for now but good to get an honest clear answer.

Upvote 0
I actually sold my CSS Fanatec shifter because the amount of times I actually drove H pattern cars was barely any in a distant memory. Since I do a lot of competitive stuff I am mainly in race bred cars, which the HE seq shifter and paddles almost always accommodate.

This great case and point about the value of these components relative to how we use them.

In my case HE sequential shifter in my rig collects dust and is their just in case I find a need for it. I used it briefly for Rally Cross, but that hasn't stuck yet.

However, I love rowing gears in Dirt Rally and occassionally the MX-5 in iRacing.

If I used my sequential shift more frequently I "might" try to fit a pro sim squential on my rig. The HE is perfectly reliable, but has very little positive engagement feel.

Upvote 0
HE is way way way too busy trying to ramp up production to make Sprint pedals to keep up with demand.

They are not a huge company and have limited resources. It simply makes sense to concentrate on keeping up with demand on a product that people are clamoring for than divert resources to try to get another product out.

I would even say it's greedy to demand that they switch gears. They know there is a market for an H pattern shifter. They are not putting off an H pattern shift because they are lazy. When they can keep up with pedal demand and have had a moment to clear their heads it will be game on.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I've pictured Neil sitting at the assembly line putting together Sprint pedals.
Almost like Santa's workshop in the "Rise of the Guardians" :roflmao:

Enzo mentioned "some interesting new things in the works". That's intriguing.
Another DD wheel option?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%