Heusinkveld Engineering Handbrake Update

HUM24H

Godspeed
It has been some time since we have heard from Heusinkveld on their Handbrake but we finally have another update from them.

Since Heusinkveld launched the prototype of their Handbrake, we haven't heard much from them since but now it looks like the guys over at Heusinkveld have been busy improving and finalizing their design.

The first improvement is the new adjustable brake handle, which according to Heusinkveld can be adjusted within a 120 degree angle with infinite steps. This means that you will be able to position the handbrake in anyway you see fit, it will also allow for comfortable operation.
adjustments_handbrake.jpg

The design seems to take over from their Pedal Set's, with the two piece stainless steel construction with bolts holding the pieces together. We can also see that they are using a Load Cell as the sensor for the handbrake, we don't know the rating of the Load Cell at this current time.

Handbrake1.jpg

Handbrake4.jpg

They will offer the first batch without a USB Controller, which as mentioned on Heusinkveld's website will require you to use a Load Cell Amplifier but starting from early 2015 they will be adding a USB Controller which will allow you to configure it in two different ways. The first being in Analogue Mode which means it acts as an Analogue Axis and secondly in Digital Mode which, according to Heusinkveld, will allow you to tune when the handbrake activates to which I assume this will be done in something like DIView.

Let us know in the comments what you feel about this Handbrake.

Last edited:
This looks awesome. Wonder how much it will run. May get this one or the dsd one. Staying far away from fanatec.
Yeah with DSD's one on the market and now this, I find no point in getting the Fanatec. It would be awesome to compare the two, seeing as DSD's Handbrake uses a hydraulic system & pressure sensor and Heusinkveld's uses a polyurethane bumper & load cell

Upvote 0
Yeah with DSD's one on the market and now this, I find no point in getting the Fanatec. It would be awesome to compare the two, seeing as DSD's Handbrake uses a hydraulic system & pressure sensor and Heusinkveld's uses a polyurethane bumper & load cell
Like I've said before, I want equipment that can hold up for many years and is adjustable. I find it quite satisfying to see so many new highend quality products being designed and released for our hobby!

Upvote 0
Yeah with DSD's one on the market and now this, I find no point in getting the Fanatec.
So now that the LaFerrari is out whats the point in buying a 458 or a 911?
The Fanatec handbrake costs €100 vs the DSD one which costs $400 + local VAT and possibly tax, unless the (very much) cheaper option outperforms the other then there's little point in comparing the two imo.

Upvote 0
And pricier :)
I set my CSS SQ to sequential mode and use that as a handbrake, I don't see me EVER spending more than €100 on something which is so easily replaced by equipment I already have.
But that's me and my preferences, for someone who are diehard RBR fans I can understand the interest for a better HB.

Upvote 0
Just to answer anyone's queries on the Digital/Analogue section, as per Heusinkveld's website the Digital Mode allows for the user to calibrate the point at which the handbrake activates and Analogue Mode is on/off. This seems to all be controlled via their USB Controller, but looking through their instructions on their website for their Prototype it seems you'll be configuring it in DIView, which is probably best.

Just thought answer this query, if anyone is getting confused by it :)

Upvote 0
Just to re-answer the analogue/digital query. Take a Load Cell, now a Load Cell always has a range that it outputs but in Analogue mode once the Load Cell activates it stays on until it deactivates which is when the Load Cell stops sending a signal. But in Digital Mode you can fine tune, by selecting which steps along the range you want the Load Cell to activate the handbrake.

Upvote 0
You got analog and digital mixed up Humzah.
As per the HE site:
"This controller will offer both an analogue mode (in which it acts as an analogue axis) as well as a digital mode (in which it acts as a button). In ‘digital mode’, the exact point at which the button is activated can be calibrated freely." (My bold)

In analog mode you can affect the wheels from 0% to 100%. In digital mode you either affect the wheels 0% or you affect them 100%.

Would love to give it a go in RBR.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your got analog and digital mixed up Humzah.
As per the HE site:
"This controller will offer both an analogue mode (in which it acts as an analogue axis) as well as a digital mode (in which it acts as a button). In ‘digital mode’, the exact point at which the button is activated can be calibrated freely." (My bold)

In analog mode you can effect the wheels from 0% to 100%. In digital mode you either effect the wheels 0% or you effect them 100%.

Interesting... Might have to get some clarification from Heusinkveld but good point :)

Upvote 0
But then where it says you can calibrate where the button activates suggests to me that you can go into something like DIView and select where in the range you want it to activate. Thats just how I interpreted what they said on their update.

Anyone I maybe getting confused, so I've asked Heusinkveld for clarification on this just to confirm how it works :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You got analog and digital mixed up Humzah.
As per the HE site:

In analog mode you can effect the wheels from 0% to 100%. In digital mode you either effect the wheels 0% or you effect them 100%.

But anyway you could be completely right :)

So I'm just gonna wait to see what Heusinkveld email me back with in regards to exactly how the Analogue and Digital Modes will work.

Upvote 0
Was going to say that you had them mixed up. They more than likely work exactly as you say but you got the words backwards lol. By meaning digital is binary, meaning on and off and analogue is a range.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing