Heusinkveld Engineering Handbrake Update

HUM24H

Godspeed
It has been some time since we have heard from Heusinkveld on their Handbrake but we finally have another update from them.

Since Heusinkveld launched the prototype of their Handbrake, we haven't heard much from them since but now it looks like the guys over at Heusinkveld have been busy improving and finalizing their design.

The first improvement is the new adjustable brake handle, which according to Heusinkveld can be adjusted within a 120 degree angle with infinite steps. This means that you will be able to position the handbrake in anyway you see fit, it will also allow for comfortable operation.
adjustments_handbrake.jpg

The design seems to take over from their Pedal Set's, with the two piece stainless steel construction with bolts holding the pieces together. We can also see that they are using a Load Cell as the sensor for the handbrake, we don't know the rating of the Load Cell at this current time.

Handbrake1.jpg

Handbrake4.jpg

They will offer the first batch without a USB Controller, which as mentioned on Heusinkveld's website will require you to use a Load Cell Amplifier but starting from early 2015 they will be adding a USB Controller which will allow you to configure it in two different ways. The first being in Analogue Mode which means it acts as an Analogue Axis and secondly in Digital Mode which, according to Heusinkveld, will allow you to tune when the handbrake activates to which I assume this will be done in something like DIView.

Let us know in the comments what you feel about this Handbrake.

Last edited:
Was going to say that you had them mixed up. They more than likely work exactly as you say but you got the words backwards lol. By meaning digital is binary, meaning on and off and analogue is a range.
Yeah I feel I just worded things wrong, when they said you can tune when the handbrake activates I got confused when I thought of in DIView when you can setup a range but in Digital Mode you will be basically saying at this point turn on and thats it. Where as in Analogue Mode it will be more like a normal Load Cell with a range.

Upvote 0
I did buy the fanatec handbrake for $99 usd and as @Kjell Eilertsen said price is a factor. It looks good, works well, and integrates very nicely with the V2 pedals so works well for me. It also fits my home made cockpit much better than a larger version. I agree it is probably not as nice or beefy as either the one shown here or the DSD version but is a great value for $100 and does the job.

I can verify that it works in RBR (what I bought it for) and also in AC (great fun with the cobra 427 at Monza66 on green track:confused:). It is analog (ie., it is progressive like a real car emergency brake as opposed to on/off) which works just like the other pedals on a separate axis.

As Kjell said, where you put your money is certainly a personal choice. For me, I would rather spend big on the DSD pedals and less on the handbrake but then I don't use the handbrake all the time.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing