Here we go again: dll's missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Uninstalled the SCE mod and now i cant get rfactor to work anymore. Several dll's seem missing. Why does this always happen with uninstalling mods with rFactor.
Spoils the fun of this game having to reinstall it over and over and over again, bah!

/rant over

• Roy Stevens

Seems a lot of people have problems with sce mod..I took it of messed my pc up every time iv tried it

I use this application for installing mods ModMan 7.1.1.0 for installing mods in a number of sims. Whilst it can be a pain to repack a mod to use it in this mod manager, it does have the advantage of restoring any changed files when it is removed.

I use this application for installing mods ModMan 7.1.1.0 for installing mods in a number of sims. Whilst it can be a pain to repack a mod to use it in this mod manager, it does have the advantage of restoring any changed files when it is removed.
Ah cool, was already considering building something like that myself, but as all these kind of projects in my case, release date 31.12.2020! Good to hear it works with other Sims as well... will check it out!

I've tried the ModMan and it keeps telling me it won't work with Vista (ARGH!). Also, with the SCE mod there is a problem with a gcf file that crashes the install. I've had my antivirus tell me the exe for rFactor is a virus! It is a legal install too! Don't understand it. Also, SCE needs to be in its own folder as well, that makes for a cleaner removal...

I have all my games installed on another drive (d:\games). I think the accepted practice with vista is not install games to the default folder as it causes issues. I have never installed games to the default folder so I cannot confirm this. All I can say is that by installing to a separate drive I can use modman without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%