So, I just bought the game today so I could cruise around in a big map in some road cars with my brother, but when I try to join the server, it says " Can't connect to remote server".
I forwards the TCP and UDP port, and I also opened them in the firewall. I think it is the HTTP port that is causin this, but I can't open it in anyway. I really want to play this way and help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

"Help!" is always the best topic for a thread. :thumbsup:

Ok, as far as I understand your problem, you've setup a server on your client and you cant join, neither your brother. And I guess you've tried to join at the tab "Online," which is wrong. If you setup a server locally and wanna join it, use the tab "LAN."

If your brother is within the same local network, he also needs to join via "LAN"

And the HTTP-Port, usually 8081 ot 8084, needs to be opened and forwarded to your client too. I dont understand what you mean by "you cant open it in any way"?!

Last edited:

Ok, as far as I understand your problem, you've setup a server on your client and you cant join, neither your brother. And I guess you've tried to join at the tab "Online," which is wrong. If you setup a server locally and wanna join it, use the tab "LAN."

If your brother is within the same local network, he also needs to join via "LAN"

And the HTTP-Port, usually 8081 ot 8084, needs to be opened and forwarded to your client too. I dont understand what you mean by "you cant open it in any way"?!
The server appeared on the LAN tab, I just couldn't join. My confusion was that the video I was watching, they had a TCP, UDP and HTTP choice on the ports, and I only had TCP and UDP, but I know what to do know, i hope. IF this new video doesn't solve it, I will came back to you! ;)
Thanks for your answer!

so, I installed a program named "Port forward network utilities" and what that does is it checks if my ports are open, and it can itself open ports. But even after opening ports in the router settings and in the program, it says that both TCP and UDP are closed. Now I really need help

Are those ports just opened? You need to forward them correctly.

As an example, your local IP is 192.168.0.100. So you need to forward the required ports to this local IP, so every incoming connection at this ports gets forwarded to this local IP.

Those are for example my settings for AC within the green area:
.ppp1.jpg

Every TCP/UDP-connection arriving at my router within the portrange of 8081 to 8084 and 9600 to 9604 gets redirected to the client 192.168.0.151 within my local network, which runs the server(s).

I have no clue which videos you've watched, so I cant tell what went wrong. Also this programm named "Port forward network utilities" imho wont help. Without checking it out, it can basicly just open the ports within your clients firewall, and check if those ports are open. Maybe it is also able to route ports from one client to another. But for sure it wont be able to change the settings of your modem/router.

Are those ports just opened? You need to forward them correctly.

As an example, your local IP is 192.168.0.100. So you need to forward the required ports to this local IP, so every incoming connection at this ports gets forwarded to this local IP.

Those are for example my settings for AC within the green area:
View attachment 425636
Every TCP/UDP-connection arriving at my router within the portrange of 8081 to 8084 and 9600 to 9604 gets redirected to the client 192.168.0.151 within my local network, which runs the server(s).

I have no clue which videos you've watched, so I cant tell what went wrong. Also this programm named "Port forward network utilities" imho wont help. Without checking it out, it can basicly just open the ports within your clients firewall, and check if those ports are open. Maybe it is also able to route ports from one client to another. But for sure it wont be able to change the settings of your modem/router.
Captura de Ecrã (127).png

Mine looks like this, and those are the ports that appear on the server manager so...

And thatz wrong. :)

Hello to Portugal btw. ;)

Your internal IP is 192.168.1.253 and your external IP is 188.80.254.198.

So you just need to enter your internal IP instead of your external IP, as you've done it already with your FTP-Server.

After that all should work.

Guess you dont use a static IP, which would be veeeeery helpful. You dont wanna change the port forwarding every time you'll start your client. :)

Maybe it was my fault implying the already configured FTP-server points to your box. :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back