help with vr looks like I'm standing on the roof

graham123

50RPM
Apr 10, 2018
help guys have got RF2 running in VR but the view can only be described as if I was standing on the roof of the car or on the shoulders of open cockpit driver ??? I have a oculus rift,and run other progs with out issue.....No doubt this is a very easy prob to fix but its got me
many thanks

EsxPaul

500RPM
Premium
Feb 17, 2016
help guys have got RF2 running in VR but the view can only be described as if I was standing on the roof of the car or on the shoulders of open cockpit driver ??? I have a oculus rift,and run other progs with out issue.....No doubt this is a very easy prob to fix but its got me
many thanks
Have you bound a key to recenter your HMD yet?

If not, go to
options/controls/misc
Choose Center VR Head Position and bind a key/button of your choice

Reactions: Christian.ca

Christian.ca

75RPM
Premium
Jul 5, 2012
You probably need to recenter view, if not done already.
You can assign a button for it in the menu. I normally need to hit it a few times slightly moving my head until I feel my legs are well aligned in the cockpit.

newbert

500RPM
Premium
Feb 17, 2018
You probably need to recenter view, if not done already.
You can assign a button for it in the menu. I normally need to hit it a few times slightly moving my head until I feel my legs are well aligned in the cockpit.
Yup. Same here.

It's a good idea to assign a wheel button to center the view, NOT a keyboard key, because sometimes the view inexplicably suddenly returns to the "Standing on the roof of the car" viewpoint mid-race (at least for me).