Help with tyre cooking

Can some one help me please every race with WTCC/STCC cars i alwasy over cook my tyres from half race point any helps with the setup is it to much camber, preload or steering lock help me please:wink:

Some tracks are really intensive on the tyres (barcelona for example), but mostly its a drivingstyle thing. If you run your race like you are in qualification there is a big chance that you will overheat your tyres.

What temperatures do you consider cooking? Optimum temps for touringcars are around 90C, and if you drive a FWD car its most likely that your front tyres heat up faster (or too fast) than a RWD racer.

Turn up the volume on both "tire scrub" and "skid" in the audio options screen. Play with them to get settings that work for you, that will help you understand where the heat is coming from. A tire will hold to the road to about a 10 degree slip angle and then break away. It's not the number of degrees lock that really matters but how you apply it and what gets applied at the same time.

Listen to me, like I'm a fast driver, lol!

So are the standard simbin setups good for a race or do they tend to overheat often?
cause in the short description of those setups, simbin mentiones that it's a steady qalification setup
but is is any good for a race then....?

thnx Dennis!

I find it quite difficult to find a decent setup on my own
I always use those standard setups.
(and even with the standard setup, I'm more than half a second slower than the AI on Brno)
:-(

small question:
where can I find the 'thanks for this useful post button'?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 297 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 424 39.6%