Help with throttle/max speed issue

Hi all,
I couldn’t find it answered or asked anywhere else, I have an issue which is causing my cars to max out too early, its more like they slow down and top out in 4th or 5th gear, it’s every car not just a mod I downloaded. I thought I was just mistaken but had a friend check and he is saying the same. Some cars struggle so much in 5th I have to back to 4th on a straight line. Any questions, fixes, possible fixes, fire them at me.
Thanks for the help.

Most likely controller input issues. Open the "Pedals" app ingame to make sure you're getting full travel on all the pedals at both ends (if your brake or clutch's always on 5% that slows you down as much as if your throttle tops out at 95%). Then if that's not the issue, check you don't have any weird mappings for handbrake (if it's mapped to a gear button or something that's able to slow you down).

There are a few cars in AC that hit top speed before their final gear but that wouldn't be a universal issue. I think the Corvette and BMW M2 are examples, they have economy double-overdrives that are geared so high they can't accelerate well.

Last edited:
Most likely controller input issues. Open the "Pedals" app ingame to make sure you're getting full travel on all the pedals at both ends (if your brake or clutch's always on 5% that slows you down as much as if your throttle tops out at 95%). Then if that's not the issue, check you don't have any weird mappings for handbrake (if it's mapped to a gear button or something that's able to slow you down).

There are a few cars in AC that hit top speed before their final gear but that wouldn't be a universal issue. I think the Corvette and BMW M2 are examples, they have economy double-overdrives that are geared so high they can't accelerate well.
Thank you so much, I stupidly never thought to look here, there was dust on the brake pedal sensor and this was causing my brake to seem as though it was pressing all the time even if it wasn’t.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back