Help with the game subscription

I have a similar question to the OP. I most likely will not be playing online, will the ONLY thing I miss if I don't purchase the more expensive plan is online multiplayer? I only need the game and any improvements/updates as the game develops.

Current prices

Covers online and the auto updater. Even the verify option doesn't work without the subscription, which I think is a bit silly on their part.
How nice... an extra cost to make updating easier! Heaven forbid they make updating easy for the customers.
I can understand a cost for online multiplayer, I guess I will pass on rFactor2 for now as AC, pCARS, GSCE, and R3E (big update on the way) will keep me busy.

Auto update doesn't bother me as, apart from the last time, I've always started with a fresh install. But I appreciate not everyone will be as accepting as me on that.

Not being able to verify is dumb though.

Cost wise, 2 out of your list (probably 3) will charge additional cost for dlc so many people will end up spending a fair bit over time. rF2 will continue to add content so that can justify their cost (a bit).

Only GCSE seems to be the true hero with online and extra content being added for free. Even then you can argue GSCE itself is an expensive dlc as there was GSC (and 2012 free update) previously.

I'm considering the lifetime upgrade at the moment but the cost has put me off a bit. I don't go on-line much anyway so I can live without it.

I don't have a problem technically, I am an IT administrator/director so I deal with computers, networks, and software everyday. I was one of those "on the fence" buyers and the updating/verifying issue is a very small part of my decision. In my opinion though, ISI should not give any buyers a reason to second guess a purchase especially today with the competition. There is only so much time for sim racing, this is one sim that I haven't had to time to buy and race. But, I'm an impulse buyer and get bored very easily so I will continue to keep an eye on the direction of rFactor.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%