Help with temps vs pressures

Been playing for AC for a week or so now and still quite confused about what I should be targeting on tires. I'm on the campaign intermediate 2 which is Mercedes SLS on Numbering. Temp is 22C / track 27C. If i target optimal pressure on sidekick after a few laps, my tire temps are like 60C. Should I lower tire pressure to increase tire temp within range or does tire pressure trump all? I havent changed anything else except for lowering fuel load.

In AC it's generally accepted that optimum tyre pressures yield the fastest lap times.
Many car/track combos don't ever get the tyre temp out of blue like this but I'm pretty sure it's the way to go.
IIRC, back in the day, one of the devs made a vid where he stated that you should aim for optimum pressures over and above temps.
That's my understanding, although I'm sure that opinions will vary.

Last edited:
THIS vid. He explains about equal tyre pressures at 26 minutes and something, but not optimum pressures unless I missed it.

Anyway, there is some info on tyre temps and pressures HERE.
Not sure where this comes from , as a buddy sent me a link but these pressures have always seemed to work for me. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 141 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years