Help With some wiring.

I want to make a dash display but cant find and diagrams or how to's for what Im wanting.
What I have are:
1 Tm1638
2 Nano's
2 Max7219 8 seg display
1 WS2812 RGB LED Board Module with Full Color Drive

Wanting to throw these into a box., any links for this?
Ive seen a few vids using the exact parts I listed but cant find anything showing how to wire it up together.

I want to make a dash display but cant find and diagrams or how to's for what Im wanting.
What I have are:
1 Tm1638
2 Nano's
2 Max7219 8 seg display
1 WS2812 RGB LED Board Module with Full Color Drive

Wanting to throw these into a box., any links for this?
Ive seen a few vids using the exact parts I listed but cant find anything showing how to wire it up together.
Will you be using SimHub? if so then ask on the support page for that as there will be someone who can point you in the right direction. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/

Mine was quite simple, as I've only used the WS2812 myself and chained 2 of them together (for a total of 16 leds), and used a cheap 5" HDMI screen to display the other info...
I did try and make a tm1638 one before I got the HDMI screen, but I think I got a faulty board as I couldn't get it to work.

Also maybe check out 'amstudio' on youtube, as he did (2 seperate) videos about making displays with the tm1638 and the WS2812

Upvote 0
Will you be using SimHub? if so then ask on the support page for that as there will be someone who can point you in the right direction. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.121578/

Mine was quite simple, as I've only used the WS2812 myself and chained 2 of them together (for a total of 16 leds), and used a cheap 5" HDMI screen to display the other info...
I did try and make a tm1638 one before I got the HDMI screen, but I think I got a faulty board as I couldn't get it to work.

Also maybe check out 'amstudio' on youtube, as he did (2 seperate) videos about making displays with the tm1638 and the WS2812

Yes I will be using simhub.
I looked through the thread you posted but there is a lot going on over there,lost to look through and been going through it here and there.

As for the vids and AMStudio Ive seen them and they do help but what I couldnt find anywhere is how much of my parts can connect to 1 Nano or will I need several of the Nano's?

Upvote 0
Yes I will be using simhub.
I looked through the thread you posted but there is a lot going on over there,lost to look through and been going through it here and there.

As for the vids and AMStudio Ive seen them and they do help but what I couldnt find anywhere is how much of my parts can connect to 1 Nano or will I need several of the Nano's?

Not 100% sure, but you should be able to connect more than 1 thing to the nanos. I've not done any wiring for a while. Best to ask @Wotever (creator of SimHub)... he's very helpful!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back