Help with sim-racing CPU upgrades.

Hi guys,

I could do with some help with getting a new CPU as my current one is prrretty shocking. i am currently thinking and planning on making a simple three screen setup but I'm not confident my CPU can handle it as it already struggles in an assetto corsa practice session. I'm quite unsure about which CPU is best for me and best for my computer whilst still being reasonably priced. I am currently using a AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s). (don't ask me what any of that means I have no clue). In a MSI A78M-E35 motherboard so I will have to get an AMD processor however which is best? I found this link to a list of compatible CPUs with my mother board http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-MSI/A78M-E35.html. I'm looking to spend a maximum of £80 and any advice would be greatly appriciated.
Cheers

Are you certain it's the CPU that is struggling and not your GPU (video card)? Moving to triple monitors will move the load off your CPU on to your GPU anyway, so maybe that will be more of a priority than CPU.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 73 9.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 78 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years