F1 2013 Help with Logitech profiler used with Fanatec CSR wheel

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

I need Some help with my csr wheel...
I got the logitech driver installed for my csr wheel and it worked great. But I wanted some sharper steering so I made some changes in my profiler.. I also turned vsync on( don't know if this is case)did some laps and no problem. Turned of my PC when to bed. Today when I did my first laps. All my wheel settings are messed up... I have to turn my wheel all most 360degrees for a decent turn in. And the wheel doesn't lock at 270. When I press start and pause the game. The wheel locks at 270. So I made some changes but the problem is still there.do I have to restart my PC if I make changes in my profiler? And which options do check or uncheck. I found these settings here http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2013-logitech-g25-wheel-settings.75194/
Are these settings the way to go. Because I think my game overwrites my profiler settings.. Thx..

Sorry, but I am confused.

Why are trying to use a Logitech Profiler with a Fanantec CSR wheel?

I would doubt that the Logitech profiling software would even open to enable you to make any adjustments, when the wheel you have connected is not a Logitech product.

All the tuning (settings) of the CSR wheel are done on the wheel via the buttons and the little LCD display on the wheel.

I don't know what addionional software Fanantec supply to their users, but whatever they do, it should be available here :-

http://eu.fanatec.com/index.php?route=common/home

CSR Forza drivers can be downloaded here, if your wheel is the one pictured below :-

http://eu.fanatec.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=62#downloads

CSR-228x228.png

The CSR Elite wheel drivers are here (picture below) :-

http://eu.fanatec.com/index.php?route=support/product&path=72&product_id=58#downloads

csrel-228x228.png

Last edited:
Because it works.. You can set your wheel in ps3 mode and a PC recognize it as an g25 wheel. It works but I did some setting changes and now if don't know witch settings causing this problem.

I use a Logitech profiler cause it has a lot more options. With the fanatec driver I can only do some calebrate things and with the Logitech driver I can change more options. Even codemasters advices you to change your Logitech driver to 270degrees for a csr wheel.. Check notes PC users... http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/fanatec-recommended-wheel-settings.75169/#post-1533694

To me even if the Logitech profiler 'thinks' you have a G25, you clearly don't have a G25, so why would you think it will adjust the wheel correctly?

Have you read the CRS manual, it can do many things, and has plenty of settings?

Page 21 to 24 of the manual ... available at the download pages above.

Maybe someone else can jump in here ........ as this sounds like something that shouldn't work, and shouldn't be expected to work. After all, the profiler 'thinks' it's a G25, but I assume the game would see it as CSR wheel. Problems are to be expected in this scenario surely ..... :O_o:

No it really works. And it should not be a problem.. As I mentioned in my first post. I used this driver 4 hours and did multiple races. Career and gp..It is no problem to use the Logitech driver. I Found this on multiple forums.

As for the fanatec settings on wheel. You can change FFB strength. But with the Logitech driver. I can change a lot more. And this just the ffb as an example. Because there is
more you can change

The reason I installed this driver was because of the ffb on csr with f1 2013. I read a lot comments the Logitech driver gives better response...
Are you using the fanatec driver and playing f12013 on PC?

No I am using the Logitech profiler with a Logitech G27 wheel.

The trouble is that you say that the Logitech profiler has more settings, but looking at the CSR manual I see settings that would have the equivalent of the Logitech, with perhaps a different name used to describe the setting.

It is hard to properly help someone who is not using the correct software that matches his hardware. Even though you do say it works, and that you have that as good info from other forums, however you DO have a problem

Your wheel is not working correctly and settings are not saving. You cannot tell whether that is a hardware problem or a software problem, because you are using the wrong software.

To me you really need to test your wheel with correct software designed for your wheel. If everything works correctly with the proper software, then you know that the Logitech software should not be used. If there is no change, then it's a hardware (or driver) issue with the wheel.

I see these setting for a CSR, what more settings do you need that you think the Logitech gives you? The first setting one quoted below is the rotation setting, from 90 to 900 degrees, and you are currently having problems with your rotation.

I really would suggest using the default CRS software ........ :)

Sensitivity (Sen)
This value shows the wheel rotation that will be used in game
You can set it from 90 to 900 in steps of 10. When using this wheel ont he PS3 or XBox 360, if this tuning function is set to "OFF" the sensitivity of the wheel will default to what the game is using. If you don't like thedefault game settings, you can set and fine tune it to how you prefer. On the PC If the setting is "OFF" the sensitivity will
be controlled by the driver

Force Feedback (FFB)
Force feedback strength can be adjusted in increments of 10 from 0% to 100%

Shock Vibration (SHO)
The Shock Vibration allows you to adjust the two additional vibration motors in the wheel rim that can be controlled by the game if supported. It can be adjusted in increments of 10 from 0% to 100%. By default the vibration motors are synchronized with the gas pedal to let you feel the vibration of the motor. If you turn this to 0%, you may not feel vibrations that have been programmed by the developer.

Drift Mode (DRI)
When "Drift Mode" is enabled, the wheel has less dampening which allows for quicker turning. This setting is useful for "drifting" or cars that require quick inputs. This can be adjust in increments of 1, from 1 to 5, 5 being quickest, or least amount of dampening. Or you can set to off to have full dampening.

ABS Vibration (ABS)
In steps of 1 from 0 to 100 or OFF. This feature simulates ABS vibration or brake lock ups by activating the vibration motors in the wheel and on the brake pedal of the ClubSport Pedals (optional). In conjunction with the SHO (determines amount of vibration) function, you can set an ABS value from 0-100%. If you set it to 90%, your wheel and Clubsport brake pedal (if connected directly to the wheel) will vibrate, simulating brake lock ups. 50% will vibrate when pushed half way, etc

Linearity Setting (LIN)
In steps of 10 from 0 to 100%. If you like to have the precision around the center of a large steering angle (e.g. 900°) but the advantage of fast movements of a short angle (e.g.) 180° you can change the linearity of the steering axis. The car will react slowly around the center and make larger movements the more you turn the wheel.

Dead Zone Setting (DEA)
In steps of 10 from 0 to 100. For some games you may want to add a little dead zone,
where the car does not react to wheel movements in the center. Some games may require this in order to avoid shaking on the straights.

Spring Setting (SPR)
In steps of 1 from -3 to +3. This setting changes the spring forces sent from the game and determines how strong the wheel returns to the center. Can only be used while using the wheel with consoles.

Damper Setting (DPR)
In steps of 1 from -3 to +3. This changes the dampening effect sent by the games. The damper lets the wheel move slower. The more damper the more resistance you can feel. Can only be used while using the wheel with consoles

so now i remeber... i installed the fanatec driver but now i can't race at all. my left shifter is my 'a' button. X buttoin is start button. left shifter is my A button. I can start a race. But after lights go green my car won't accelerate.... Can't find the options to change this in the menus. Do i need to make some changes in the fanatec wheel file?

I am sorry, I don't know. I have never used a Fanatec wheel.

All I can do is change the name of this thread, so that the word 'Fanatec' shows up in the forum. Then a Fanatec user might see it and help. At the moment they would see 'Logitech' and probably ignore this thread ..... :)

I have tried this once before but you have to uninstall the Fanatec driver to "fool" the game. This trick comes in handy on older games that came out before the CSR wheel. Logitech you have to use profiler for settings whereas Fanatec is done on the wheel.
I found the Fanatec driver felt better but I liked modifying the actionmap on G25 file to my liking so it was kind of give and take. Finally in the end I sold the CSR and bought Porsche 911 GT3 V2 wheel.

Before I made some changes in the profiler I had no problems with it. But now I can't do anything. Is there an csr expert on this forum. Because when I use the fanatec driver. My button mapping are messed up. Left shifter is a button the x button is my start button

If you switched back to Fanatec driver make sure you are connected via PC mode and you see CSR on the in game controller section
yep my pc sees him. And in my controller settings in f1 he reconize him as a fanatec CSR wheel. So thats no problem. The button mapping is the problem...I found a threat on a other forum. and they think its a (windows)register issue..

If you're having problems with button mapping, @Daveo made a great actionmap for the CSR. If you ask him nicely he'll probably send you it :)
About the profiler, have you uninstalled the Fanatec drivers because they may conflict

Found this one last night. Changed the XML file and it worked! Thx for all the help guys. It took 3hours to get to the wheel right. 20min later my friend walked in And brings back my f1 for Xbox...

Still got 2 questions..At Xbox when i set sen to 270. The wheel locks at 270. On my PC it doesn't. Is this normal for fanatec on PC?
And on xbox when I change the profiler. The profiler name is Microsoft wireless racing wheel had this wheel before my fanatec.On PC it's fanatec csr... Do I need to do something about this?

Must say I'm very happy with this wheel. I really hated codemaster for f1 2012 and 2013. But with this fanatec wheel The game is so much better to play.
As I was searching this forum for my fanatec wheel problem. I saw allot of mods for this game. Gonna give this a try this weekend. But I never done this before so I think i need some time for it.. I'm going to try the ffb mob. Are there mods you guys would recommend?
Thx

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back