Help with Logitech DFGT FFB in Assetto Corsa

Hi all,

I just got AC Ultimate and am having trouble with FFB 'effects'. When I drive any car it has 'effect' through the steering wheel that make the car act unpredictably and make it very hard to race competitively.

I use this wheel in Automobilista, GTR2 etc and have no problems. In those games I set all effects off and put the steering force high so the wheel has a lot of weight and it works and feels great. I did the same in AC and I am still gettting alot of effects. I have also checked the box which "Halves the FFB" (recomended for older wheels).

Any suggestions?? Please help.

The "half ffb frequency" is for older wheels than the DFGT, like Microsoft Sidewinders. Leave it at full frequency.

Kx4ldVD.jpg

This is the "no effects, only physics" ffb settings. You should probably set Minimum Force higher (~6% for DFGT) Brake Gamma is kinda down to taste, this sort of thing is recommended for pot style ones though (1.0 for load cells)

Thanks Stereo for the reply. I tried this but no change. I already had these settings except for the brake gamma. I also tried the FFB Filter setting at all figures high and low and that did nothing.

Is it normal for the car to move so much without any feeling in the steering? At the same time the wheel is giving me random FFB effects especially when I brake hard or when I change direction. It's unpredictable and annoying.

Is it normal for the car to move so much without any feeling in the steering?
If no feeling = max force without change then you are clipping the ffb, simply reduce the gain to 100% or less.
If no feeling = no force then increase the minimum force (Stereo mentioned 6% but it will depend on what settings you have in logitech software so experiment a bit.)

At the same time the wheel is giving me random FFB effects especially when I brake hard or when I change direction. It's unpredictable and annoying.
Does the car have ABS? if not you might be locking the wheel and running with flat spots.
Also It could be useful to know the car you are having problems with, there are some peculiar things that happen only to some cars.
There are no "effects" or "problems" when changing direction on any cars thou, so telling us more about that might give us a hint.

In general when setting up your wheel you want to start with less force to avoid clipping, as that could be attributed to any of your problems.

If no feeling = max force without change then you are clipping the ffb, simply reduce the gain to 100% or less.
If no feeling = no force then increase the minimum force (Stereo mentioned 6% but it will depend on what settings you have in logitech software so experiment a bit.)

Does the car have ABS? if not you might be locking the wheel and running with flat spots.
Also It could be useful to know the car you are having problems with, there are some peculiar things that happen only to some cars.
There are no "effects" or "problems" when changing direction on any cars thou, so telling us more about that might give us a hint.

In general when setting up your wheel you want to start with less force to avoid clipping, as that could be attributed to any of your problems.

Thanks"Pawel Ziolkowski for the response and sorry for the delay I just saw this. As I said above When I updated the driver it fixed the FFb and handling. Much better to drive now and I am enjoying it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%