Help with Honda NSX-GT GT500 2017 (3ds max issue?)

Hi All,
I'm relatively new to using 3d software and I seem to be having a bit of trouble with my NSX-GT GT500 that I cannot seem to get past....
So I've got the 3d work 95% finished and I export as .fbx with recommended settings for kseditor. When I try to open the file it takes significantly longer to open than any other cars, same when I add it to content manager.
  • The model scaling seems correct inside 3ds max and using measure tool it is ok.
  • It has a total poly budget of 235,000 including HR interior (less than 250k recommended)
  • File size is 12.7mb for fbx and 25.2mb for kn5 which both seem correct
  • one difference I notice is when opening in 3dSimED and doing a report the extents are bigger than on other cars but I don't know what this means???
Anybody who has suggestions or experience with car modelling I would appreciate any help as I am completely stuck!
I am frustrated as I am wanting to do a complete 2019 Super GT GT500 pack and I desperately want to get the NSX-GT in game and not have to skin up the Concept GT (pre 2017).

Happy to share files with any helpful and clever Super GT loving person out there!!!

3ds.PNG

kn5.PNG

Cheers,
Neil.

looks a great design Neil! Did you use blueprints / 3d mods for this design ? I am designing the NSX GT500 but cannot find accurate images for this
I had a 3d model as a base and then have been doing the rest from what dimensions I could find on the internet. It's been a bit challenging as most of my experience is in photoshop and skinning but i'm learning a lot as I go!!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%